Halloween 2008

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
I could use some advice/ideas here please. Our community does a big Halloween party every year and it is based around a theme. This years theme is "Haunted Hunting" I and some friends are going to be doing a scene out on the hayride portion of it. We have tons of hunting stuff around, and some pretty good ideas, but sure could use some more.

So does anyone have any creative, scary ideas we could use?

Remember, this is MN and it could be a blizzard that night!

Getcha one of them big corn fed gals in a Camo bikini with a pair of binoculars around her neck. Do yall eat lutefish that night?

Crowderfarms":7qo9ioiy said:
Getcha one of them big corn fed gals in a Camo bikini with a pair of binoculars around her neck. Do yall eat lutefish that night?

They probably eat lutefisk every night!

someone in a deer stand... usually don't look up on those rides!

I also get freaked when someone pops up out of a pile of leaves.

Michele

You could take some masonry string and rig a ghost to fly up over the trail of the hay ride when it draws near. This can be done using a pulley type thing over a branch. With smaller children it probably be best to do it after the ride has past the spot. Also, if you have access to a helium tank, you can take glow sticks and stick them in a good quality balloon and cover the balloons with a light weight plasitc for that ghostly shape. When the hay ride draws near, you can let them rise up in the air. They will put off a ghostly glowy appearance. Hokey I know but kids love it.

Wolfman always scared me to death. Maybe wolfman could begin appearing and howling while the wagon neared, maybe dodge in and out of trees or something, then when the wagon drives by, have wolfman begin to stalk the trailer running up on it...panting, and snarling...and howling.

Alice

Thanks guys for the ideas, :D

Crowbar, very, very frightening indeed. Will you be sending one of your wimmens ? We should be able to feed her for oh, say one night at least what with all the hot dishes and bars at the potluck :nod:

Michele we are with ya on the deer stand. ;-)

Jo, the light sticks in the balloons is an awesome idea. :clap:

Alice, the wolfman idea sounds good too as long as dun is available that night to help out. :D

As far as this continuing lutefisk joke goes, I will bow to the ONLY Minnesotan on CT that has admitted to liking it. Angel? What say you? :D

How about somebody with a chainsaw with no chain on it?

My wife picked me out a getup for the party we're going to. All I'll be wearing that night is a grass skirt and two coconuts. No pictures, please.

cfpinz":3b6xzrus said:

My wife picked me out a getup for the party we're going to. All I'll be wearing that night is a grass skirt and two coconuts. No pictures, please.

keeping the papparazzi away wil prooobably be the least of your worries buddy!

cfpinz":3bannsqp said:
My wife picked me out a getup for the party we're going to. All I'll be wearing that night is a grass skirt and two coconuts.

:lol2: :lol2:

Last big halloween shingdig my wife and I went to, I was dressed as a priest and she as a pregnant nun. (got the idea from some scandal in the news) I made the habit myself thanks to my home economics class in high school. (Me and my buddy were the only boys in the class. :nod: And I did actually learn some neat stuff in spite of all the girls.)

cfpinz":3cckgbzk said:

That's no fun lots and lots of pic's PLEASE> can't wait for the laugh.... :help: :lol: :lol: :lol: sad we don't have Halloween like you folks do. :frowns:

Depending on how scary you want it, you could put stuffed animals or stuffed dummies around with blood and guts popping out. Lay fake body parts around with arrows sticking out. You could do a scavenger hunt. Have them look for gory, disgusting things.

MistyMorning":22bedk6p said:
As far as this continuing lutefisk joke goes, I will bow to the ONLY Minnesotan on CT that has admitted to liking it. Angel? What say you? :D
First of all, your insisting on calling me "Angel" is going to earn you a special place close to the fire someday! :help:

As far as scary Halloween ideas, I would go with this hunting themed picture on my other post. I would first ask participants to sign a waiver stating you are not responsible for future therapy sessions :http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=50944&start=15!

Lutefisk?? Put it on a stick!! OR you could make it like one of those things where you tell people to close their eyes and feel it and you could tell them a scary story about what it might be...... Like the witches intestines or something (You know like how people use peeled grapes for the witches eyes? Spooky!!)! :nod: (as a side note from one pal to another, be careful who you play this with, some people cannot be trusted to be appropriate :roll: ).

We always have the Boy Scouts up at our place around the last part of October. Two years ago as they were leaving the dinner we had prepared for them on Friday night I told them to make sure they kept their tents zipped up because there were reports of Chupacabras in the county, just to prime the pump.

Saturday night we had a hay ride and once again we told them to stay in the wagon - no matter what happened. I told them I had heard Chup screams the night before.

Well, when we got to the area in the pasture that was the thickest (really overgrown) and the tractor "stalled" in just the right place I sent a very ugly looking stuffed animal over the tops of their heads (suspended on a cable). The animal was painted with flourscent paint and I had blacklights in the trees so it showed up really well. Those kids screamed like crazy and I think a couple of them actually pee'd in their pants. Scout leaders had a good time as well.

We're going to expand on it a little this year with smoke machines and other furry animals in the brush and a recording of werewolf howls and so on. There's a lot of new boys in the troup so they haven't been exposed to ole Earls (they call me Uncle Earl) devious tricks. He He He!

Latest posts