Half Mile of Hell

Help Support CattleToday:

Horse Guy

Reaction score
http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/sto ... 41&k=96393
This link just talks about the big wreck on Saturday.
What it doesnt talk about is Ray Crotous Jr complaints about biased judges 2 or 3 days before the wreck and how they favor guys like Kelly Sutherland.
It also doesnt talk about how right after the wreck on Saturday that they left Kelly Sutherland (The King as the Judges call him>off Scott free until Ray and others complained again about the crooked judges.
As far as im concerned the can ban Kelly Sutherland for life.
Also whats with this invitation only deal? Guess it makes it easier for them to hand pic the winners?
Is barrel racing the only rodeo sport that isnt crooked?

That is sad.... Too bad for the innocent -both horse and man that were hurt or nearly hurt... He didn't get much more than a slap really did he...

Terrible that horses and driver were hurt. Kelly did not compete the last day and did not make the $100000 round.
All the drivers are competitive and wrecks can happen. I have seen kelly loose horses as well in the race.

I do not agree with the bias on the judges. The rules are clearly outlined and it is a fair show.

Actually Kellys brother? Kirk Sutherland drove Kellys team the next day. Kelly couldnt compete but his wagon outfit could still compete.
Four days after it happened you dont hear anymore about it.

True but according to the Chuckwagon association anytime a horse is hurt the causing drive pays a fine and if a horse dies they replace the horse with one of equal value (in the past they even let the driver go and pick a horse from the offending drivers own herd. What goes around comes around.

diamondn":1qitb84a said:
True but according to the Chuckwagon association anytime a horse is hurt the causing drive pays a fine and if a horse dies they replace the horse with one of equal value (in the past they even let the driver go and pick a horse from the offending drivers own herd. What goes around comes around.
There are two different chuckwagon association in Canada and the Calgary stampede isnt part of either of them.
No fine that I have heard for Kelly. Plus his wagon outfit still got to race the next day without him. I forget how it finished but even if it came in last place thats still what $10,000 paid to him.
Poor Kelly, that will teach him<sarcasim>
That Calgary stampede is nothing more than a drunken circus.

Yes there are two associations. And no you would not hear about the fine for it happens by the association not the show and they do not broadcast the fines in the news.
It is all part of the chuckwagon circuit that there is an element of risk. A few years ago one guy was running his team and did not control them properly and caused a wreck for more than one day. But he was not a big name like Kelly so it was not made into such an ordeal.

As for the Calgary stampede being a big drunk circus. That is ignorance appearing and I will leave it at that.

Horse Guy":2g0am0vf said:
There are two different chuckwagon association in Canada and the Calgary stampede isnt part of either of them.
No fine that I have heard for Kelly. Plus his wagon outfit still got to race the next day without him. I forget how it finished but even if it came in last place thats still what $10,000 paid to him.

The chuckwagon associations cannot give Sutherland a fine because the Stampede has nothing to do with either associations!
And I take back what I said about a drunken circus. I imagine circuses are very professional now a days and I didnt mean to put down the circus people.
The Calgary Stampede is more like Wrestling<laughing>

diamondn":39eeforn said:
Yes there are two associations. And no you would not hear about the fine for it happens by the association not the show and they do not broadcast the fines in the news.
It is all part of the chuckwagon circuit that there is an element of risk. A few years ago one guy was running his team and did not control them properly and caused a wreck for more than one day. But he was not a big name like Kelly so it was not made into such an ordeal.

As for the Calgary stampede being a big drunk circus. That is ignorance appearing and I will leave it at that.

Horse Guy":39eeforn said:

Well Horse Guy if one ever needs a clown we sure know who to call-like to see that mouth of yours run back in the barns-for about two seconds I'm guessing.

Northern Rancher":36bhswqz said:
Well Horse Guy if one ever needs a clown we sure know who to call-like to see that mouth of yours run back in the barns-for about two seconds I'm guessing.

Haha Remember how on the first day of the Stampede everybody wore pink shirts? You know the tough enough to wear pink thing they had going on. Then on the next day or the same day I really cant remember anymore you posted pics on here of your kid wearing pink and getting bucked off of one of your horses at your farm in Saskatchewan. Haha So did you wear pink that day to because all of your heros at Calgary were wearing pink?
How old are you northern? You remind me of a kid. You know when some kid hears something about their idol that the dont like. Well they want to defend their idol but the only thing they can think of doing is to personally attack the person that posted the truth.
Haha Im betting you wore pink that day to.<grin>
Anyway stick around, usually your posts a funny. But you should knock off the name calling/insults or you wont have any friends when you grow up.<laughing at you as I type this

Horse Guy":3q8y1bt6 said:
That Calgary stampede is nothing more than a drunken circus.[/
quote]

I don't know about the Stampede itself but judging from the fellas I know competing in it I doubt this is the case.
However downtown Calgary is full of drunken idiots during the Stampede. That is why we stay away from it those two weeks a year besides one day during that chaos where it is a business obligation.

That being said I think the chucks will have some new regulations in the future.

Well horse guy head on up and we'll run a pen of broncs in and see who really is tough enough to wear pink-do you want directions pm'ed to you. I'm days away from 45 years old-as for your crap being the truth-maybe 25 years ago but not now a days sunshine. My boy is 16 but he's already twice the man you ever can or will be. Bring your bronc saddle lets see if you can back up that mouth of yours. Do you wander around talking to yourself smiling at your witty comments or is that just something you do online. I guess wearing pink to promote cancer awareness bothers you-hope you never have to watch somebody close rot away from it.

hillsdown":3in00t47 said:
Horse Guy":3in00t47 said:
That Calgary stampede is nothing more than a drunken circus.[/
quote]

I don't know about the Stampede itself but judging from the fellas I know competing in it I doubt this is the case.
However downtown Calgary is full of drunken idiots during the Stampede. That is why we stay away from it those two weeks a year besides one day during that chaos where it is a business obligation.

That being said I think the chucks will have some new regulations in the future.

Your misunderstanding me. I Love the sport of chuckwagon racing. Have nothing but respect for guys like Chad Harden, etc. Its the judges at the Stampede that annoys me.
The judges created this wreck by allowing certain people to think the rules dont really apply. How many times can certain wagons bump going into that first turn before something like this happens? But yet certain outfits dont get penalties for it. But not only that, its just not fair for the other non "golden boy" wagon outfits who are competeing.
About three nights before the big wreck Kelly ran into Ray Croteau Jr. Kelly was completely at fault and the Stampede Judges gave Croteau Jr the penalty!
Anyway after watching the "King" as the Stampede Judges call him, not take any responsibilty for the wreck in his press interview, well it really annoys me because if one of his outriders ever gets involved in anything Sutherland has no problem ripping them a new one on National TV. He tells them that he has provided them with the best horses and gear that money can buy. That there are no excuses and how its their fault and how they should be man enough to take personal resposibility for it. If another wagon interfears with him in the slightest way, he is screaming his head off.
How many times do Mark and Kelly help one another out? Example you have Kelly in front on the rail with Mark directly behind him on the rail. So then Kelly<the father> will move off the rail pushing<bluffing> the wagon thats on his outside over three wide to give his son the rail. Stuff like this happens all the time.
But if somebody else tries something like this on them. Well then thats a whole other story!
Earlier before the big wreck with Helmig, Kelly said in a press interview that 'I'm gonna squeeze those guys"!
Both Ray Mitsuing and Gary Gorst claim that Kelly Sutherland had talked about doing whatever he had to do to move up into the final four and a shot at the $100,000 top prize.
Its to bad that certain people seem to think they have to win nomatter what the cost, nomatter what the means.

Northern Rancher":lmcx96gs said:
I guess wearing pink to promote cancer awareness bothers you-hope you never have to watch somebody close rot away from it.

In Calgary they were selling pink shirts at the stampede on the first day to raise money for cancer research. Good deal.
What strikes me funny is a 45YO man who who lives like ten hours away who watches the rodeo contestants on TV in Calgary wearing pink shirts so then he goes out right away and buys pink shirts which did nothing for cancer research. Anyway at his family farm they dress up in pink like their rodeo heros were the day before and ride some colts. Well one cant help but to think that your dressing up in a costume to live out some kind of a fantasy. Sort of like how my 5YO dresses up like spiderman.
Anyway lets quit this. I should have just ignored you the other morning. Personal attacks and name calling doesnt prove ones point of view. Just makes whoever is doing it look childish.
I love the sport of wagon raceing the ame as you do. I believe we should be talking about the dirt so things will change to make the port better. Example look at how bad TB raceing was years ago. They have cleaned up their sport and I think we should do the same with ours.
Others seam to think everything should be swept under the rug.

Latest posts