hair loss

Help Support CattleToday:

pits4life

Reaction score
I have read the thread on lice but I have a calf(approx 6-7 months,angus cross) that has a patch of hair gone above the eye area and is approx. 2 inches long and an inch wide,I thought she might of scraped it but it looks to be larger than 2 days ago when I noticed it,there is no hair there and is grey looking.The calf was wormed 2 wks. ago with ivomec injection type .I read it was to kill lice so I'm not sure what it is if its just a scrape or what and would appreciate any advice or comments.Thank you in advance.....Do I need to worry about it at this time?

I have not been able to get a headgate and working area set up yet but i researched ringworm and i would almost be certain that is what it is ..THANKS ANGIE..... :clap: I know there are solutions to put on them and paste but in order to do that i would have to have a working area set up,is there anything that you al would reccomend to put in there feed or water ,just asking .....what about griseofulvin ,I come across that researching what do you think ,thank you for all comments :wave:

pits4life":3orgzkzt said:
I have not been able to get a headgate and working area set up yet but i researched ringworm and i would almost be certain that is what it is ..THANKS ANGIE..... :clap: I know there are solutions to put on them and paste but in order to do that i would have to have a working area set up,is there anything that you al would reccomend to put in there feed or water ,just asking .....what about griseofulvin ,I come across that researching what do you think ,thank you for all comments :wave:

Monostat 7. I will stay in place and shouldn't run into their eyes.

Latest posts