had an amazing thing happen to us...

Help Support CattleToday:

rockridgecattle

Reaction score
So hubby and i have been going non stop. I am on the road going to sales to sell my candles and honey, driving school bus. Hubby has been trying to work land, work cows, feed, help me by pouring honey at night. Getting over the grief of my mom passing...and anything else to throw in the mix.
Anyhow we got a call from our local bible camp SCA international mission camp with whom we help out. They had a mission team come out for two weeks to put on week end snow camp for young campers and to do work around the camp. This group is from Wisconsin, the Timber-lee christian center where they prep young adults who want to go into camp ministry. They wanted to work on a farm for a day, would we have work for them. Wow is all i can say. We got in atleast 4 cords of wood cut stove length for our house and 3 cords of tree length for the outdoor furnance. (it has to be cut up to 4' lengths). We were down to the last stick of out door wood and i was only using the wood stove in the house when we really needed it to save what we had. We had heat from the outdoor stove, however we live in a very cold mobile home so a stove helps to keep the house warm.

Just incase some do not know what a cord of wood is: It's a stack of wood measuring 4 feet high, 4 feet wide and 8 feet long.

I am so happy and so apreiciative of the work we all did. There were 16 people from the conference centre plus the director and associate director from the SCA camp and hubby and i. We had three saws going plus the tractor to pull the trees out of the bush. These trees have been knocked down for a year or so by the snipper.

What a blessing from God. We really needed the help

Afterwards the group ate 7 pizzas and 3 bags of salad and 24 cans pop and alot of water. WOW! All of them in our little trailer, in the living room and in the kitchen. They were such a nice group of people

We feel very blessed at this moment, and in awe of Gods blessings just when we need them

RR

I have tried to type a response 3 times and this is all I could up with words..

Your story touched my heart RR, thank you for sharing it .... :heart:

wow is all i can say as well.it really touches your heart when you see a group of people come help an get all that wood cut splitt hauled in an stacked.i know yall recived such a blessing an had a great time of fellowship.

Latest posts