Had a cow processed

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't remember the price per pound that the butcher here charges. I do remember that the one they did for me last spring cost $632 to process. I was guessing $80 to kill and $0.85 to cut and wrap. She hung 650.
650 x $0.85 + $80=$632 I do remember there was some low dollar miscellaneous charges so it was probably a cent or two less than $0.85.
I do remember that $632 charge because I had just bought that heifer a couple days earlier. She weighed 1,150 and cost $0.55. The same money to buy a 2 year old heifer as to have someone kill her and cut her up.

Well I misunderstood the guy when I asked him about how much beef I had gotten from the cow, I picked it up today the 293 was hanging weight, I ended up with 170 pounds of ground beef... Live weight 714. Jersey cow's sure don't have much meat on the

Last August I had to book and the earliest is this August. $50 kill fee, .85 processing I believe. It's been a while. Now, decide between a yearling heifer or 11 mo. Bull. 2 of us won't eat much.

Latest posts