Had a couple visitors this morning (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
And I got pictures:

IMG_6469.jpg

IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6471.jpg

IMG_6473.jpg

IMG_6474.jpg

IMG_6476.jpg

IMG_6478.jpg

IMG_6486.jpg

IMG_6488.jpg

Just a cow with her bull calf just passing through. We thought maybe they'd stop and eat the bird seed on the ground but either she doesn't know what bird seed tastes like or she wasn't interested in it. Good thing since she's teaching her son (probably a yearling from the looks of him) some good habits. :)

Thanks. We've never had moose come up that close to the house AND us noticing them. Usually we notice they've been up after they've left tracks. Quite the treat this morning! :D

Nice! Great pics but they're either making me hungry or my finger itch. Maybe both

I've tried moose meat, I think as either jerky or sausage, and man was it good! Never tasted anything more delicious...made beef seem like it was bland and cardboardy-like compared to moose meat. I'm not a hunter, but I've got no qualms with eating moose if I get the opportunity! :D

Amazing. Thanks for sharing. I wonder whats the farthest south those things venture.

Thanks all. :)

Well, they came back again this morning, only this time they came from the field across the road and walked to the other side of the house from where I took the pics from, and right into our bush behind the old house and garage. And this was just before Mom was going to work! By the time I got out there they were making their way down the fenceline to the other 10-acre bush across the road at the west-end of our quarter.

And here I thought seeing them that close on Sunday was going to be a rarity! :D

Latest posts