H.R. 5087

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":58n7dckz said:
TennesseeTuxedo":58n7dckz said:
Bright Raven":58n7dckz said:
Larry, not what you prepared me to expect. No where in there did he compare a military investment to a domestic investment. He did support a military industrial base as a means of preparedness. Here is what I thought the most meaningful:

Disarmament, with mutual honor and confidence, is a continuing imperative. Together we must learn how to compose differences, not with arms, but with intellect and decent purpose. Because this need is so sharp and apparent I confess that I lay down my official responsibilities in this field with a definite sense of disappointment. As one who has witnessed the horror and the lingering sadness of war – as one who knows that another war could utterly destroy this civilization which has been so slowly and painfully built over thousands of years – I wish I could say tonight that a lasting peace is in sight.

Well of course not Ron, Ike didn't hold irrational fears of our government disarming the citizenry. He had faith in the judicial system and the rule of law. He was worried that the arms race might lead to mutual assured destruction.

Agree. And I was surprised at those fears. I grew up right on the heels of his Presidency. Dad hated him for some reason.

Well dad had some quirks.

TennesseeTuxedo":3kg9enyt said:
Bright Raven":3kg9enyt said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3kg9enyt said:
Well of course not Ron, Ike didn't hold irrational fears of our government disarming the citizenry. He had faith in the judicial system and the rule of law. He was worried that the arms race might lead to mutual assured destruction.

Agree. And I was surprised at those fears. I grew up right on the heels of his Presidency. Dad hated him for some reason.

Well dad had some quirks.

We all do.

Bright Raven":j4kk3w67 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":j4kk3w67 said:
Bright Raven":j4kk3w67 said:
Protecting our precious children? At a time when we waste trillions on stupid wars? Give me a break.

War is big business, nothing wrong with business.

Everyone wants a fruitful economy. The greatest myth in human history is that war is good for the economy. In the USA, the cost of a war never stops as long as there are veterans claiming benefits.

We need State of the Art school security. Metal detectors, security guards, etc. Arming teachers is a formula for disaster. No one should be able to get into a school with anything more dangerous than a pencil.

Your just kicking the ball somewhere else. A school was the softest target available to these HEROS. Making them HEROS is a big reason why this stuff happens. When you do away with the soft targets the punks are just going to go somewhere else to do their killing. Home coming, Christmas parades and Friday night football games are very likely targets, not to mention all the kids waiting to get into or out of school. How long is it going to be before some punk stops or runs a school bus off the road and opens fire?
I'm just a chickenchit, but I see targets and victims everywhere I go. And see no real way to do anything about it. If the penalties were as harsh and swift as the crime committed we'd slow this crap down.

True Grit Farms":2p2jfxq1 said:
Your just kicking the ball somewhere else. A school was the softest target available to these HEROS. Making them HEROS is a big reason why this stuff happens. When you do away with the soft targets the punks are just going to go somewhere else to do their killing. Home coming, Christmas parades and Friday night football games are very likely targets, not to mention all the kids waiting to get into or out of school. How long is it going to be before some punk stops or runs a school bus off the road and opens fire?
I'm just a chickenchit, but I see targets and victims everywhere I go. And see no real way to do anything about it. If the penalties were as harsh and swift as the crime committed we'd slow this crap down.

Are you sure? 8 out of 10 times they kill themselves. What are you going to do to further punish a dead body?

Bright Raven":1trm8obl said:
True Grit Farms":1trm8obl said:

Are you sure? 8 out of 10 times they kill themselves. What are you going to do to further punish a dead body?

For starters make it 10 out of 10, and don't show a picture of their mug shot. Or maybe use their body as target practice and then let the buzzards pick their eyes out.

True Grit Farms":257v6guv said:
Bright Raven":257v6guv said:
True Grit Farms":257v6guv said:

For starters make it 10 out of 10, and don't show a picture of their mug shot. Or maybe use their body as target practice and then let the buzzards pick their eyes out.

But is punishment a deterrent to people who fit the profile of these mass shooters? That is something there should be an existing determination on. If it is not, I think security protects children at least in classroom.

Bright Raven":1a0xelwz said:
True Grit Farms":1a0xelwz said:
Bright Raven":1a0xelwz said:

But is punishment a deterrent to people who fit the profile of these mass shooters? That is something there should be an existing determination on. If it is not, I think security protects children at least in classroom.

I agree with that, this last school shooter doesn't want to die, and will make a good example hopefully.
Kids go to school to learn not to be slaughtered, I'm all for security in schools. No more raises for anyone in the school system or government, use the money for school security instead. No one can argue with that.

True Grit Farms":1a29oy9d said:
Bright Raven":1a29oy9d said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1a29oy9d said:

Everyone wants a fruitful economy. The greatest myth in human history is that war is good for the economy. In the USA, the cost of a war never stops as long as there are veterans claiming benefits.

We need State of the Art school security. Metal detectors, security guards, etc. Arming teachers is a formula for disaster. No one should be able to get into a school with anything more dangerous than a pencil.

Grit in all your rants you forget one major thing. These people who commit these atrocities are not afraid to die so making the punishment as severe as possible will only allow you to get your jollies. !!!!!!! They are little more than american born and raised jihadist.

TennesseeTuxedo":3si7r6xl said:
JSCATTLE":3si7r6xl said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3si7r6xl said:
I'd feel better knowing all guns are off the streets. I'm hoping for a buyback,program.
I hope you are joking.

Well I'd like to recoup at least some of my money vs. a straight out confiscation.
I will give you your money back for every one you own.

TexasBred":2mdplwsg said:
True Grit Farms":2mdplwsg said:
Bright Raven":2mdplwsg said:

Grit in all your rants you forget one major thing. These people who commit these atrocities are not afraid to die so making the punishment as severe as possible will only allow you to get your jollies. !!!!!!! They are little more than american born and raised jihadist.

True TB, but we sure don't need to make them a hero. This last one is afraid of dying.

True Grit Farms":39eukz8d said:
TexasBred":39eukz8d said:
True Grit Farms":39eukz8d said:

True TB, but we sure don't need to make them a hero. This last one is afraid of dying.

Idk... they tend to shoot the he// outta unharmed kids. But when the men with guns roll up they blow thier brains out. I kinda think their scared of getting shot.

TennesseeTuxedo":e0bsr2bl said:
Bright Raven":e0bsr2bl said:
TennesseeTuxedo":e0bsr2bl said:
I'd feel better knowing all guns are off the streets. I'm hoping for a buyback,program.

No. TT. There is only one solution. We need State of The Art Security in our schools.

Too expensive.

They could stop wasting money on school sports and use that money to actually educate and protect the kids.

Old Hat":2zpeadev said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2zpeadev said:
Bright Raven":2zpeadev said:
No. TT. There is only one solution. We need State of The Art Security in our schools.

Too expensive.

They could stop wasting money on school sports and use that money to actually educate and protect the kids.

Brilliant!

Bright Raven":3bm9d7wi said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3bm9d7wi said:
Bright Raven":3bm9d7wi said:
Protecting our precious children? At a time when we waste trillions on stupid wars? Give me a break.

Ron

There are teachers and staff that carry everyday at my wifes school and have since 2010. It is one thing the state of Ohio does right.

Davemk":2jofmr7j said:
Bright Raven":2jofmr7j said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2jofmr7j said:

Ron

There are teachers and staff that carry everyday at my wifes school and have since 2010. It is one thing the state of Ohio does right.

I would still be concerned that it will not prevent a person entering with a firearm. There are many federal facilities that are screened for weapons like our courts.

Legalize weed and tax it then use the money on school security. They lost the war on drugs a long time ago why not stop wasting money and use it for something useful.

Latest posts