Guzerat Leiteiro

Help Support CattleToday:

gaurus

Reaction score
Guzerat cattle is mostly a dual purpose cattle but in Brazil and Colombia they are turning them in to a dairy breed.

211_foto1.jpg

ALTAKABULL5.jpg

Original.jpg

guzera_115.jpg

Had a buddy milked about a hundred holstein/brahman crosses. Loved the things. Never milked for huge volumes but didn't have the drop off of full blood holstein in the heat. And after about 3 lactation instead of selling them as $400 kill cows he'd sell them bred and get $1200 for them.

Don't know about these pics though. Looks like a rodeo waitin' to happen. But I guess if you can milk a water buffalo you could milk these.

I think attention should be paid to the udders... I don't doubt they'll be able to continue to improve milk production, but it doesn't look like them teats can hold much more pressure.. Granted, for hand milking there's lots to hold on to

Interesting pictures. Nice to see cattle from different places. Those all look like they could raise a calf or three. As a general rule, seems like eared cattle are usually good milkers, not to that extent necessarily tho. Some of the issues I've run into with some of them are over time winding up with Coke bottle teats too big for calves to latch onto when they are first born. Looks like a few of those pictured are on the verge of falling into that category.

I thought they looked like they had good teat placement, and nice udder attachment.

Latest posts