Reaction score
Here's some pics of our "gutless wonders"

Simme Valley Radiant As U - 10-2-05
NYSF_Radiant_pixel.jpg

Simme Valley Tequila - 1-28-07
NYSF_Tequila_pixel.jpg

[/img]

KMacGinley":2m0haqvo said:
Beautiful animals. Is that you on the halter in the second pic?

I'm not touching that! :lol:

Jeanne - Nice animals. Where've you been? What's the frame of the first heifer?

cfpinz

Thanks guys. Yup, that's me. I listed "all the winnings" on the show board, but, Radiant was Grand Champ Heifer & Supreme Female, and the calf was Reserve Grand Champion Heifer. At NYSF we get a Gr Ch Heifer & a Gr Ch Cow/Calf., than they compete for Supreme Female. Radiant was Supreme, and the C/C champion was Res Supreme - and, oh yeah, she was a 2 year old Macho daughter!
Our 5 head show string was all Macho offspring (4 heifers & 1 bull calf - he was Res Gr Champ Bull).
Macho's offspring swept the show! (little bragging, but who else will!)

cfpinz - just been too busy - a lot of traveling & a lot of construction/changes around here. Nothing wrong, actually, lots right - just busy!
Tequila is about a 6 frame. We rarely put a stick on them any more. When "big - tall" was in, we sticked them all the time - everyone wanted to know their frame. Now, doesn't make any difference - just so they are good!
Macho is only a 5.6 frame, so his offspring runs 5.5 to high 6's.
Because we have had so many "personal" trips", we had to drop most of our shows. Weren't planning to go to KILE (Keystone Int'l Livestk Show) Harrisburg Pa. But since we have such awesome heifers :D :D , I've buddied up with another breeder to go without Ken (he has a "real" job & can only take so much time off.) So, I'm just taking the 2 head.

Very pretty! I like the first one best. In the show
community, is "big-tall" out of fashion now?

"Height" really isn't an issue under a good judge. Really doesn't make any difference if they are tall or short (except real extremes) -- IF -- they have the structure & volume & muscle & balance.

Thanks. My daughter called me last night, and she had checked out my web site & saw the new pics. Said the pic doesn't do the Sr Yearling justice. I plan on getting another pic of them at Harrisburg.

Latest posts