Gun Control

Help Support CattleToday:

Jake

Reaction score
Got a lesson to teach the class coming up on a subject of my choice and I took Gun Control. I have quite a bit of info and am quite informed but figured there was info out there I'd never seen. If any of you have diagrams, charts, or any other sources you feel are good please bring them forth.

Thanks,
Jake

Since Gun Control is hitting what you're aiming at, I assume you're teaching them how to be good marksmen. Does the class take place on an indoor or outdoor range?

Good Luck
Cuz

my personal opinion of gun control is using two hands.... but for this I'm going to try to educate the class on the falsehoods in which they are preached in order to win their support for removing firearms from our streets and taking away our second ammendment rights.

Jake":1wk2liwq said:
my personal opinion of gun control is using two hands.... but for this I'm going to try to educate the class on the falsehoods in which they are preached in order to win their support for removing firearms from our streets and taking away our second ammendment rights.

Jake.......good subject, nice to educate people on important subjects like this when you have captive audience.

Here is a web page that gives some statistics on ways people die, example someone is more likely to die from a Fall involving bed, chair, other furniture, W06-W08 1 out of 4,473 People

Versus death by a Firearms discharge, W32-W34 1 out of 5,134 people.

http://www.nsc.org/lrs/statinfo/odds.htm

There is lots of ways they break down death through Firearms on this page so be sure to search through them all.

Here's one I found that I thought was pretty good:

432736.jpg

Jake alot of the research is done for you in the link I posted.
Plus there are the personal feelings of a TX state rep. expressed. And Penn and Teller go over what the bill of rights says. I thought it was pretty informative and thought provoking. If a persons ears can handle the verbage.

Guess I should have just posted something about hitting what you aiming at. They'll have to pry it from my cold dead fingers etc. etc.

Gun Control: Using both hands. Acquire target, aim, fire. One cartridge, one hit. Score: Armed citizens = 1, Bad guys = 0. lol. Keeping loaded guns away from kids, nut cases, criminals.

At least we can dream and hope!

:)

The question is a simple one: "Answer 'Yes' or 'No'. Do you love your wife and/or children enough to use deadly force to protect them?" Make sure you ask them this question in front of their wife and/or children. Make sure their wife or children are listening and paying attention.

Use both hands, keep both eyes open, aim properly, exhale and squeeze the trigger, dont pull. ;-)

There once was an email circulated about how you have a better chance of dying from a dog, doctor or other such odditites than from a gun. I've searched the boards and cant' find it does anybody happen to chance have it saved somewhere?

Jake":1k6mvwvc said:
There once was an email circulated about how you have a better chance of dying from a dog, doctor or other such odditites than from a gun. I've searched the boards and cant' find it does anybody happen to chance have it saved somewhere?

Not the email but incase you mist the link on my previous message this website shows you those statistics

http://www.nsc.org/lrs/statinfo/odds.htm