Guess which breed

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Since she's not a cow, I figured this might be more suited for this forum. This is Daisy, the owner's dog. What breed do you think she dog is?

DSC00122.JPG

Ryan

I don't know about the dog but where do ya'll get that fence? Nobody around here has anything like that. I've got an open building I'm fixing to put a working corral in and that would be really nice. Probally has a really nice price tag too as high as metal is.

*Hint: Dog weighs in the 120lb range

triple'S'":362xk73m said:
I don't know about the dog but where do ya'll get that fence? Nobody around here has anything like that. I've got an open building I'm fixing to put a working corral in and that would be really nice. Probally has a really nice price tag too as high as metal is.

The fence is a pipe fence, with, i believe, hog panels cut in half and placed on bottom. Put the panels there so she couldnt slip out when she was younger, and to keep out other critters, plus i think it looks pretty nice.

ryan, are there companies that come out and do all the welding and fabricating. I can weld fairly decent but don't think I want to tackle a job like that.

A local fence company came out and did ours. They do all kinds of fencing in the area, mostly barbwire, cable, and pipe fencing.

Hard to see the coat, but that may well be a "purebred" Labrador. Might even be registered, believe-it-or-not. The breed standard calls for a 60-80lb dawg, but there's a lot of "breeders" out there who have no clue what the breed standard says and/or don't care. I've seen adult Labs in ideal condition run from 50lbs to 110lbs. I've heard about Labs at 140 (who would want to hunt with a moose like that??) but never seen one.

If it's a cross, I'd guess 1/2 Lab, and 1/2 Great Pyrenees (sp) like some of the others guessed. Ryan, do you know what the dog IS? are you playing with us? :lol:

Jovid":58k7dpkw said:
miniature Charolais

Ding Ding Ding... Winner!!!!

J/K

She is actually 100% Great Pyrenese (SP). She recently got her summer haircut. She'll stay mostly short haired 'til this fall, and by then her hair will be back. For most of the year she has a beautiful, full, thick body of hair.

Congrats to those guessed correctly, or partially correctly. Your prizes are already in the mail. ;-)

Ryan