Guess the breed

Help Support CattleToday:

sske

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea what breed thus heifer is? And what are some of your personal opinions about her?
Thank you

Is this a quiz, and you will provide the correct answer after some of us guess, or... are you asking for us to postulate what breed or breeds might be in her ancestry?

If it's #2... all we can do is throw out possibilities about possible breed combinations that might throw that sort of color/pattern/conformation.

I was told she was a char×hereford but this was second hand information so I wanted to see what members on this forum thought she could be.

Have some here not unlike her... most are 3/4 AN - 1/4 SM, a few are 1/2 SH, 3/8 AN, 1/8 SM.

Charolais, Simmental, or Gelbvieh with color dilution/inhibitor genes could all give you an 'off' color similar to that... suppose Braunvieh, Aubrac, and some original color Tarentaise could probably bring it, too.

Thank you, as far as quality what do you guys think? She's in the 11-13 month old range. No grain just pasture and crap grass hay also sorry to run all these questions together but when it comes to breeding her I'm thinking about AI, what crosses would you recommend?

That's a similar look as Aubrac x. Charolais calves. I don't know anyone in the US who is doing that cross (even though it is very popular in Europe), and so I'd be quite surprised if that's what she is.

She looks to be a better than average heifer; hope she works out for you.

Thank you, I'm happy I was able to get her. I'm planning on breeding her to BPF special focus in a couple months.