Grinch

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
Some how I believe I've have become a grinch....
Thanksgiving grinch. Thanksgiving is weird to me... do people really believe Indians and Pilgrims sat down and ate together. What did they eat together before white man stole their land. Seriously even sounds weird.
Christmas grinch
Birthday grinch
Hoilday grinch
Hoilday just seem like a way to get people to over spend money they don't have for people most don't even want to buy for. Guess I'm mean and rude... I use to buy for all my nieces, nephews, ect. I don't bother anymore. I don't see them I don't buy for them. I just started donating to less fortunate hopefully they will appreciate it more.
Can you just be a year around hoilday grinch? Only hoilday I like is Halloween. I enjoy seeing all the children dressed up and all the people decorate for fall and Halloween. Getting old sucks. Christmas is depressing to me. People get so caught up in material stuff. Just listening to people talk at the store is depressing around the hoildays.
I'm thankful for my family and everything we have been blessed with. I'm always grateful for time spent with my family, to me that's the best gift, not material stuff and things.
Guess I'm just mean and rude.... and a grinch. Does anyone else feel like a Grinch? Shoot I have to go wash my skin is turning green again.

I enjoy the feel of the seasons. I'm sure the reason is it triggers memories from my childhood. Even though we were nothing fancy, Christmas was magical for me as a child. We had ugly live cedar trees. I remember once I cut a star out of cardboard and covered it with tinfoil, and that was our tree topper. It's not that we were that poor, but that just seemed fun.

I enjoy Christmas music, looking at decorations, and watching the classic Christmas movies; however, spending a fortune on gifts and having a tree in every room is not my thing. I also don't buy every Tom, Dick, and Harry a gift, and I don't attend a dozen dinners during the holidays. One with close family, and that's it.

I remember once I cut a star out of cardboard and covered it with tinfoil, and that was our tree topper.
did the same for several years, until someone in the family cut a star out of some old Styrofoam and used flour/water paste to cover it with silver glitter. We didn't consider ourselves poor but were frugal.

The smell of baking cakes and cookies beats any decoration. "Hey, it's good to be back home again, you know it is...."

Ugly live cedar trees here too, not much on any of it anymore.
I think the cedar trees were fine trees, but when I see some of our old pictures, it was our decorations that made them lacking and dull. In my memory, however, I recall them being great beautiful.

To this day, if I'm cleaning up an area with a chainsaw and get the cedar smell stirred up, it briefly reminds me of Christmas as a child every time.

When I was a teenager we would go out to this tree farm get a live tree. It seemed like such a long drive as a teenager. It was only 45 minutes down the road and they no longer have a tree farm. I did see another one in the area I thought maybe fun to go to.... okay truthfully they have an old Chevy truck for photos. 😍 I think a small tree would be nice a large tree.... I'm not sure about. My parents had entirely more patience than me. FINE I just want look at that old Chevy truck. 🛻🎄
I need to stop being a Grinch, I haven't felt good lately. Not sure if I died and don't know it yet or what. Haven't saw any fires of hell or gates guess I'm still ticking. Bahahahahaha.

Still having a bad case of the Grinch.... Bah Humbug. 😒 Is it over yet? I'm seriously not sure if I need medication, my family needs medication, or both.... I need therapy or they all need therapy.....

Anybody else have as much fun with family gathering? It's like let the 💩 show begin... I may need some new 💩 kickers or boxing gloves.... popcorn or beer.... dang. Duct tape or handcuffs!! 🙄🥊🍿🍻💩🤔

I'm starting my own tree farm next year, just private for me. I'm going to get a bunch of trees that are different ages so I can have a tree every year. We decorate the absolute he// out of the inside of my house. Two trees, wreathes in the windows, lights everywhere. This year the wife made a giant garland out of ornaments and "popcorn" made of spray insulation foam. I do lights outside even though I'm 1/3 mile from the road. I only use white and red lights so they can be seen.

And for presents we limit ourselves to about $150/person. Nothing crazy b/c that's not the point.

I'm really not much of a grinch but sometimes when hunting down all the places the lights are plugged in at kind of makes for some grinchyness. I think the little blue dog is the grinch around here. She don't know what to think about the decorating developments.image.jpg212F58EE-1BF3-4C94-BDDC-E267CE83C605.jpeg4C7D86EA-664E-48A3-8D26-24D10D9B65E7.jpeg7C45EAF5-B81B-407E-8509-C0AD886A2DF0.jpegAE3637ED-C6BD-490D-8673-D19093786C7F.jpeg

Still having a bad case of the Grinch.... Bah Humbug. 😒 Is it over yet? I'm seriously not sure if I need medication, my family needs medication, or both.... I need therapy or they all need therapy.....

Anybody else have as much fun with family gathering? It's like let the 💩 show begin... I may need some new 💩 kickers or boxing gloves.... popcorn or beer.... dang. Duct tape or handcuffs!! 🙄🥊🍿🍻💩🤔
I love cows! Their the ultimate excuse for family holiday :poop: . Sorry we're late chores took longer than expected. (fake phone rings) Hello, what's that? The cows are out? Sorry, fam we got to go, got cows out. See you at Easter, if I'm not calving like last year. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts