greybeard

Help Support CattleToday:

Thank you all. Am thankful to see another one, even moreso that I got a text a little after midnight last night.
"Well brother, we made another one. Happy Birthday"

Raining here, nothing special planned.

Happy birthday. I hope it's a good one.

"nothing special planned"...and probably not going to start that until noon, right?

The older I get, the more often that seems to happen Rafter..I do have to work on my wife's new bicycle sometime today tho.
Might go to Hofbrau in Porter tonight and see if I can find a good steak tho.

greybeard":2zkymmfh said:
The older I get, the more often that seems to happen Rafter..I do have to work on my wife's new bicycle sometime today tho.
Might go to Hofbrau in Porter tonight and see if I can find a good steak tho.

It sounds like you have the day made then. You'll probably need to go to the hardware store to get some specialized tool for working on the bicycle, eat lunch while you're in town, then work on the bicycle, then go get that steak.

skyhightree1":20kpxv26 said:
:bday: I hope its a good one... I think you should have some chicken fried steaks all day and a lot of cake.
Yeah, but my glucose monitor would probably blow a gasket afterwards..diabetic.

For DOC HARRIS, if you're reading this from wherever you are today, Happy Birthday Doc!!
:bday: :bday:

Congrats on another one!!! The "town" of Porter looks a lot different now than what I remember..it used to be a few stores by the underpass of HWY 59, and a lot of forest...not so much now. Again, congrats! :bday:

ropinranger":1q2x430l said:
Congrats on another one!!! The "town" of Porter looks a lot different now than what I remember..it used to be a few stores by the underpass of HWY 59, and a lot of forest...not so much now. Again, congrats! :bday:
Getting bigger and busier too. I-99 (a new 'outer loop' tollway locally called Grand Parkway) crosses US59 there now, and a whole bunch of big construction is going on, a new Academy store, new Kroger, some kind of huge mall looking thing, a bunch of new eateries, and walmart dist center either just opening or about to. Won't be long before Houston reaches it's snaky fingers out to take Porter in like it has so many other small surrounding towns.

greybeard":240zbjfs said:
ropinranger":240zbjfs said:
Getting bigger and busier too. I-99 (a new 'outer loop' tollway locally called Grand Parkway) crosses US59 there now, and a whole bunch of big construction is going on, a new Academy store, new Kroger, some kind of huge mall looking thing, a bunch of new eateries, and walmart dist center either just opening or about to. Won't be long before Houston reaches it's snaky fingers out to take Porter in like it has so many other small surrounding towns.

I can't even picture how that looks, much less the traffic...progress, I guess..

Latest posts