Green grass in the southeast

Help Support CattleToday:

Little Cow

Reaction score
The rain poured on us last weekend. My youngest calf, at six weeks, had never felt rain. She snorted and shook her head at the tickling of her nose.

Very happy morning on Saturday. After having the cows penned up for three weeks, the storm that blessed us last week caused the grass to come back. We were out there measuring it almost every day until it was tall enough.

The cows bucked like rodeo stock when we let them out.

Wet calves
ZZTSBarry036.jpg

Home at last (the grey thing in the first picture is the back end of a guinea)
ZZJuneflowers022.jpg

ZZJuneflowers017.jpg

ZZJuneflowers019.jpg

I'm glad for your rain. Black cows with horns always give me sort of a jolt. I'm just not used to that combination. :lol:

Frankie, so might I assume you raise polled Angus?

You know one city person actually asking me if I was raising Spanish fighting bulls. I should have said, "Why, yes"! :lol:

If it ever rains here again (I'm starting to think it won't) I might be the one standing out in the pasture trying to figure what that wet stuff is strangely falling from the sky.

I've already starting using the old dairy joke again. "It's so
dry here my cows have started given powered milk" :lol:

arkcowman":32yl6xub said:
If it ever rains here again (I'm starting to think it won't) I might be the one standing out in the pasture trying to figure what that wet stuff is strangely falling from the sky.

I've already starting using the old dairy joke again. "It's so
dry here my cows have started given powered milk" :lol:

Had a few ducks at the spigot this morning - all lined up waiting their turns for a drink. :lol:

Latest posts