Great morning

Help Support CattleToday:

He's got a ways to go. He's really impressing me with his willingness to learn and in other ways. Course he hasn't hit that magical age of 13 yet. We'll have to see what happens then

hooknline":agepxtko said:
He's got a ways to go. He's really impressing me with his willingness to learn and in other ways. Course he hasn't hit that magical age of 13 yet. We'll have to see what happens then

My friend has a theory that when kids hit 13 or 14 God turns them into little aholes so that by the time they are 18 you want them to leave. He says that if he didn't and you loved them like you did when they were 5 then you would have to lose your mind when they leave home...........some truth there for sure!

I was ready for my daughter to fly the coop when she was 14. She's 17 now and has a long way to go to be ready for reality

My nephews were introduced to AI at an early age -- youngest (now 22) took that information to school for show & tell in 2nd grade. All the kids wanted to come out to the ranch and visit.

Just this weekend, we had an 11 year old here early evening. Don't want to over-describe him, but lives in the city, he's hyper and maybe borderline autistic -- smart and very vocal when he's excited.
There's a bull visiting our cows now, and bull was working as Alex took the farm tour. Questions and explanations about COW SEX. (!!!!) Then visited the hens with new chicks -- and the age old question about which comes first. All was serious and funny at the same time. :)

Hook, this brought back memories of when i was about 10. My dad didn't know how to really explain "birds and bees" to me so he used cows rather than people to explain. I remember palpating my first cow dad got a big heavy bred cow in the chute and handed my a sleeve and said "see if you can find the calf son" I did and a light came on in my head about pregnancy and female anatomy, even though it was a cow. I also remember when the vet was out to semen test the bulls and was looking at the semen under the microscope and dad had me look in the microscope too. Another light came on.

3waycross":1s87dn6m said:
hooknline":1s87dn6m said:

My friend has a theory that when kids hit 13 or 14 God turns them into little aholes so that by the time they are 18 you want them to leave. He says that if he didn't and you loved them like you did when they were 5 then you would have to lose your mind when they leave home...........some truth there for sure!
When I hit that age I was expected to outwork any hired hand. I really didn't know I was just a kid.
I think I am trying to have a childhood now. :banana:

I know this is not my second childhood because I pretty much missed the first one. :(