great calving so far

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

So far, calving has been great. Out of 5 breds, 4 have calved, and the 5th should be soon. 3 heifers, one bull. All calved with no assistance and no complications except a couple bottle teats. I'm liking the way this is playing out. The last one to go is a char, and I'm anxious to see how she does.

Thanks BB. I know it may seem trivial to some but I still enjoy it and seeing plans come together

hooknline":6g18c7fr said:
So far, calving has been great. Out of 5 breds, 4 have calved, and the 5th should be soon. 3 heifers, one bull. All calved with no assistance and no complications except a couple bottle teats. I'm liking the way this is playing out. The last one to go is a char, and I'm anxious to see how she does.
Hope it continues to go well for you hook. Mine started off great, had nine in the last couple weeks then Friday had to pull a set of dead twins. My calves all weigh 75-80# at birth. These two weighed over 70# each.

Ouch...sorry to hear that iso. I know my luck won't hold forever. Although my dad says I shyt golden horseshoes...whatever that mean

I am glad your calving season is going well. Mine and my neighbors is just over. I had 2 first time heifers that had calves with no problems and he had a couple also. I am enjoying all the little ones running around the pasture. Now if we could just get some more rain.