Grazing stockers

Help Support CattleToday:

Brentp":54zh3bpt said:
I believe Farm Credit sells LRP, at least in Tennessee. Not sure about Farm Credit of Virginia.

What is Craig Hammonds paying to graze calves this year?
Have not checked this year but in the past I thought it was a little cheap. But not sure what was included so he might be right in line. I have a friend that grazes for him and is satisified. He feeds them some also so not sure how that works out or who pays for the feed. Worth a call to see.

kenny thomas":z9iatm9e said:
Yes, you can buy on 1 head or ever how many that you wish. Actually I would advise anyone to try it on a few head to better understand how things works. It has not been collected on the last 2-3 years much but the next 2-3 could be a lot different.

2X

Here, some of the same agencies that sell crop insurance also sell LRP.

Kenny,

I'm not sure either but it did seem a bit cheap last time I asked. I thought I had another farm leased and was gonna talk to him about grazing on that place till I got a few more cows but I passed on the farm cause it was too rough and needed too much work for the time they would guarantee the lease.

Brentp":26rn8jam said:
I believe Farm Credit sells LRP, at least in Tennessee. Not sure about Farm Credit of Virginia.

I will have to give him a call and check.

pricefarm":ytt5foyg said:
Brentp":ytt5foyg said:

I will have to give him a call and check.
I would be interested in hearing also. Let us know what he says.

I checked with him today he said it was to late in the year, and he wasn't taking on anymore this year. Said it I would like to do it next year he needed to know by feb.

Latest posts