Grazing around wrapped hay ?

Help Support CattleToday:

I've never seen them try to climb them but they destroy the bales, rub on the netting, ripping the netting and eating the hay. We keep our bales where they can't get to them and some of our neighbors put hot wire around their bales.

Never seen them climb on top but buddy must have used a case of duct tape patching all the holes they chewed in the wrap after his son left a gate open.

I've been told by folks that wrap that cattle will chew into them. Maybe pile them all together and run a hot wire around it?

arkie1":3d073xkd said:
I've been told by folks that wrap that cattle will chew into them. Maybe pile them all together and run a hot wire around it?

Exactly how I store mine.

Eat and tear up and if you have a 'determined' bull or 2, they'll push, roll and scatter round bales all over the place.
My old Char bull doesn't eat a bale--he attacks it.

Douglas":nw1iw0p3 said:
Isn't it amazing how stupid cows are.
Or people are that think the cows won;t mess with anything that they can.

Neighbor had a bunch of haylage stacked along the edge of his field. Kept the cows out, but a bull elk and a black bear tore the heck out of the bales. Elk from testing his horns and the bear thought maybe there was something good to eat.

dun":1x4y9lf0 said:
Douglas":1x4y9lf0 said:
Isn't it amazing how stupid cows are.
Or people are that think the cows won;t mess with anything that they can.

Mine mess with the automatic waterer, flipping it out of the tub and flooding the ground around it. Why? Boredom I guess.

Latest posts