Grass on road/motorcycles

Help Support CattleToday:

its usually such a small amount and a vehicle usually blows it all off in 1 pass i don't think its that big of a deal. they tried to make it illegal here with fines / misdemeanor charge.. it got shot down..( this is in town)

i was mowing the other day pointing the other direction and the wind still blew it all in the road... like with anything else.. you''ll have to be careful in whatever vehicle you choose to travel in.

that's a load of crap..anyone that rides goes faster to make the cloud blow up on the guys behind him..i blow it on the road and I ride right thru it..bunch o gay assed riders whine about anything..probly don't ride in the rain either..so sick of this being everywhere...

callmefence said:
What about if two round bales fall of the trailer.?????

a top 5x6 came off and missed a row of about 10 mailboxes by about 2'.. lucky on that one :lol2:

a few weeks ago i had the deckover a few ft' sticking out the sides (trusses) and managed to put a new designed groove down the middle of a car. :dunce: :bang:

callmefence said:
What about if two round bales fall of the trailer.?????

Only if they're following to close. Then it's their fault anyways :cowboy:

I don't know anything about riding through grass clippings on a bike. But I'd have to think they would just dry right down on a road and not be slippery at all

I wish motorcycle riders would dress in bright orange like deer hunters. People might be able to see them a little better. I realize it ain't cool but seems it would be more effective.

Man I knew just bought his Harley maybe had it two weeks ...as deer will do.come outa nowhere knocked him and his helmet off...left love ones behind..

5S Cattle said:
Never bothered me when I rode. Like alacowman said tho. I quit because of deer and people texting and driving.

Extremely hazardous activity long before texting was invented or deer were prevalent.

I never had a car until 1977 when I was 20 years old, only way I got around for years was on a motorcycle. Deer were a rairity and there were no cell phones back in those days. I could talk all day long about all the times I came within an inch of being killed on a bike, always because oncoming traffic do not see motorcycles. Not counting the times I almost froze to death on one.

I ride a little, never really noticed grass clippings, I'd say if they were heavy enough and in a turn it would be sketchy, but anything on the road especially in a turn can be hazardous. I hate riding after a heavy rain where loose gravel washes down driveways and onto the road.
Deer are a rare sight here, inattentive drivers are the real danger, you really notice all the bad drivers from a bike....

Depends on the quantity and location.. If it's in city limits and you're doing the 30mph or less like you should be, it would take a lot of clippings and an idiot rider to have an accident because of it.. Sure, if you goose the throttle there won't be quite as much traction and you'll probably low-side, but then you deserve the darwin award.. That said, if people blow ALL their lawn clippings onto the road because they're too damn lazy to dispose of them, then they ought to get a ticket too, if only for littering.

Latest posts