Grass on road/motorcycles

Help Support CattleToday:

I can't think of a single house around here where the grass clipping could get to the road unless they were hauled out there and dumped. In town they could blow them out on the street but the streets are all straight and the speed limit is 20 or 25 mph. Not much hazard there. Now cows, horses, and deer are a different issue. They are on the road all the time. I think it would be much better to hit grass clippings than it would be to hit a horse. Maybe the horse would be there eating the grass clippings......... :)

I can't think of a single house around here where the grass clipping could get to the road unless they were hauled out there and dumped. In town they could blow them out on the street but the streets are all straight and the speed limit is 20 or 25 mph. Not much hazard there. Now cows, horses, and deer are a different issue. They are on the road all the time. I think it would be much better to hit grass clippings than it would be to hit a horse. Maybe the horse would be there eating the grass clippings......... :)

The state brings a big batwing bush hog through a couple times a year and fills the road full of gravel, grass, beer cans, you name it and never a sweeper to remove it. I have about a mile of right-of-way on both sides that I mow along the edge with a rider. It is a wonder I am not in the pokey already for manslaughter. Kinda scary how easy it can be to get Bubba as a roommate.

I joined Facebook 3 or 4 months ago (yeah, I was even surprised). My little community has a page The__________citizens corps. Not sure what the intent of the page is, I guess to pass info about what is going on. Pretty regular, someone will post look out at mile marker such and such. There is grass in the road. Then the heated debate will takeoff. Law enforcement usually post that it's not a crime. They seem so adimate about it, I wondered how big of a danger it was.

I always blow it out on the road when I am mowing my ditches, just so I throw all of the trash back in the road.
Someone doesn't like it, then quit throwing trash in my yard...

sim.-ang.king said:
I always blow it out on the road when I am mowing my ditches, just so I throw all of the trash back in the road.
Someone doesn't like it, then quit throwing trash in my yard...

me too

Latest posts