Grain Mixing machines.

Help Support CattleToday:

matkinfarms

Reaction score
I get 1000 to 3000 pounds of wet brewers grain a week. Im wanting to add cracked.corn and maybe some.vitamin mineral supplements. What is a goos machine to mix or for me.or does anyone have any ideas.

I'd just top dress your brewers grain with the other stuff and skip the mixing

I do not have that much stock, but I get a lot of food waste, no point trying to mix it all....

What I have done is get them all, sheep and cattle, used to ground lupin, and I can mix minerals in with that in a cement mixer, the lupin has a nice taste, so they all clean it all up and minerals are equal mix throughout.

But you could also just supply loose lick minerals.

Or a combo.

Just note, I am new to livestock feeding and nutrition.

Yeah...concrete mixer...mix minerals reqd with an amount of something they like.

Then free feed everything else....easier too handle and no expensive machinery..😀

sim.-ang.king said:
A cheap route is a concrete mixer. More expensive is to find a used horizontal mixer.

When I fed brewers grain that's what was used. Shoveled the grain in with cracked corn and let'er spin for few minutes. When I was being lazy, I'd just top dress.

We use a concrete mixer too. Holds 50 lbs at a time to mix well. We only have 9 head currently (calves anytime!) so we grind our corn for the week, then add Fertrell supplement and ground peas. Probably switching to soybean meal its 1/3 the price. If we grow much bigger we will rethink what we're doing.

The concrete mixer is good....for a few smaller calves.

Unless you have the $$$ for a proper mixer and doing a lot, it is easier to work out what the mob like and keep them so they will eat what your feeding, and just ad extras on top...

I mix lupin when doing smaller feed lots for younger calves, but after that, it is just sprinkled on to, or fed in a different feeding, seems you can always get them to eat what you want if it is controlled, but, yeah, it can take a lot of time too if they are not really hungry.

I can get them to eat most things, just watch, like anyone/thing, that you do not feed the candy at breakfast time :)

Latest posts