GOTTA CHOOSE A STEAR

Help Support CattleToday:

gonzo

Reaction score
I'm finshing a black bauldie for my freezer for this year . I got one heifer ready to drop in a couple of weeks and another I'm gonna keep . I gotta get another one to raise for the freezer for next year. I gotta couple of prospects ones a limo herford cross 9 months 400wt at best .he was steared late just last week (that scares me) done by a pro but still :???: also 500.00 little steep even here,the other I haven't seen yet but my friend who has always done me right says it's a beutiful animal . He's a red angus herford cross steared at weining 22 months old though , he'll be 3 years by the time I'm ready for him :???: . I'm guessn he's 1200wt 850.00 . I 'm really bent on the red cross but I can't even see him till saturday so I thought I'd throw it out there , might get a pic via email and I'll try to post my first one ever :clap: thanks in advance,TOM

We "steer" a male using the Banding method. Costs under one dollar for the band & tetanus shot. Prefer to steer after weaning before animal gets too large. Even our Vet only charges about $15. when we take a larger one for banding.

JSCATTLE":an73xmmx said:
I d buy both now and take them to the sale barn .. Money to be made ...

From your descriptions neither one sounds like a great animal for the freezer in my opinion. JS' advice is the best, and then you could take the profit and buy a nice steer. Unless of course your friends are doing you a favor selling them to you for that price.

I'm finshing a black bauldie for my freezer for this year . I got one heifer ready to drop in a couple of weeks and another I'm gonna keep . I gotta get another one to raise for the freezer for next year. I gotta couple of prospects ones a limo herford cross 9 months 400wt at best .he was steared late just last week (that scares me) done by a pro but still also 500.00 little steep even here,the other I haven't seen yet but my friend who has always done me right says it's a beutiful animal . He's a red angus herford cross steared at weining 22 months old though , he'll be 3 years by the time I'm ready for him . I'm guessn he's 1200wt 850.00 . I 'm really bent on the red cross but I can't even see him till saturday so I thought I'd throw it out there , might get a pic via email and I'll try to post my first one ever thanks in advance,TOM

could ya'll understand that post?

Gotta say the red angus x is a pretty decent deal saw pic he is anice animal my question is he gonna be good eatn at 3 years of age? I usually kill at 18 to 24 months

gonzo":3cumywsa said:
Gotta say the red angus x is a pretty decent deal saw pic he is anice animal my question is he gonna be good eatn at 3 years of age? I usually kill at 18 to 24 months
After 30 months old you will lose a few cuts of meat because of the bse regulations.

gonzo":2a9m0b46 said:
BSE WHATS THAT BISEXUAL ELK

When referring to 'butcher' animals BSE stands for Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy----"Mad Cow Disease".

The one facility I used for several years would take an animal over 30 months for processing, but it would cost a whole lot of extra $$$ because of regulations regarding BSE and animals over the age of 30 months.

When referring to breeding animals, BSE stands for Breeding Soundness Exam.

Katherine

xbred":38ou9d4a said:
I'm finshing a black bauldie for my freezer for this year . I got one heifer ready to drop in a couple of weeks and another I'm gonna keep . I gotta get another one to raise for the freezer for next year. I gotta couple of prospects ones a limo herford cross 9 months 400wt at best .he was steared late just last week (that scares me) done by a pro but still also 500.00 little steep even here,the other I haven't seen yet but my friend who has always done me right says it's a beutiful animal . He's a red angus herford cross steared at weining 22 months old though , he'll be 3 years by the time I'm ready for him . I'm guessn he's 1200wt 850.00 . I 'm really bent on the red cross but I can't even see him till saturday so I thought I'd throw it out there , might get a pic via email and I'll try to post my first one ever thanks in advance,TOM

could ya'll understand that post?

not really........

Latest posts