Got your Thanksgiving turkey yet?

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
It's been hit or miss finding a turkey for Thanksgiving. Most stores have just a few, if any at all.

Last edited:
I reckon we're having our Thanksgiving early, as the in-laws are here and we'll be having beef roast, baked beans, and potato casserole tonight.
We got a turkey in the deep freeze that wife got last year on sale after the holidays. She said she'll probably cook it for our dinner on Thanksgiving day.

Last edited:
No shortage here, and they are pretty cheap. $.73/lb is the cheapest I've seen but The usual 'Buy a $20 ham and get a whole turkey free" promotions are common too.
Got mine a few days ago but may get another for the freezer while they are cheap by going ahead this week & getting a ham for Christmas and the gobbler for nothing. (Pork prices are on the rise around here) .

I seen a little section... the grocery and everywhere was entirely to any busy for me today. It was like rush hour traffic, not when I like to go. I like to go when everyone at work, church, denist, doctors, and school, apparently nobody works anymore. 🤣🤷🏽‍♀️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211118-190521_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211118-190521_Gallery.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 5
I get mine free from work every year. It was a big, fat Butterball. Usually they're little 10 lb birds, but not this year. I have a small scale for weighing things in the kitchen, but my wife joked that we'd have to get out the hay scale for it.

I'm ready to go with everything but potatoes. I do the shopping b/c it's more convenient and I bought everything about 3 weeks ago so I'd have what I liked.

It begins....... Wednesday. That's Mexican food day and night at my oldest sister's, which is 5 miles hence from here..
I'm making a traditional Mexican dessert called Flan from scratch.

Thursday morning is pancake breakfast, with sausage and gravy on the side at my other older sister's house, which directly across the road from previously mentioned sister's place..

Thursday afternoon is back at my oldest sister's house. Traditional Turkey, dressing, whatever everyone else is bringing. I'm bringing the roasted turkey and cornbread dressing.

Friday is leftovers.

Saturday is BBQ. Maybe here at my place but maybe at my youngest spawn's place in Tomball Tx. Location not set as of 10 minutes ago.

Sunday, is Sunday.
Turkey samiches..

There was plenty of turkeys in the store when I was there last week. We go to a community Thanksgiving dinner every year. There is a family who has been doing this for nearly 100 years. They supply the turkey, stuffing, and gravy. The rest is pot luck. It is held in the community center (old school). We eat at 12:30. Lots of people leave to do chores. The food is set in the gym where the heat isn't turned on. At about 5:30 or 6:00 the food comes back out and we eat again. Those who don't leave play cards inbetween meals.

Beer, fire, food....
(I'm too old to fight. Don't heal up very quick any more. Just now getting over last week's cardio nuclear stress test)
I had that test a couple months ago, Freaked me out when the pressure on my chest made it feel like I couldn't breathe. The nurse knew exactly what was happening, arm pet "breathe "! Passed with flying colors.

I had that test a couple months ago, Freaked me out when the pressure on my chest made it feel like I couldn't breathe. The nurse knew exactly what was happening, arm pet "breathe "! Passed with flying colors.
"You're going to feel your heart beat speed up a little here...."

No sheet.. a little?

Latest posts