Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
ResizedImage_1409414719372_zps1b33d9f2.jpg

ResizedImage_1409415252814_zps47965980.jpg

ResizedImage_1409414719763_zps989e2034.jpg

dryfork2":1u7j98j1 said:
Thats a serious pile of sweet taters. hope u had help

:lol2: No help other than the single bottom plow and tractor that I use to unearth them.

inyati13":1u7j98j1 said:
Brother, you sure do. Send some of them to your Kin! But you still ain't gettin my heifer. :lol:

LOL darn I thought I may be able to bring you some when I come pick up my heifer. Darn family isn't worth a darn sometimes ;-) :D

Workinonit Farm":2i0tymzk said:
Holy Moses!!!! That's alot of sweet taters!! Are you taking them to market?

Yes, They are going to SKY'S kitchen market lol I will keep 3/4 of them and give the rest to my employees.

Those are some serious sweet taters. They keep a pretty uniform group too. I love to eat them raw and it makes me want to put one in the oven to bake right now. Some butter and it would be like desert.
Chuckie, my bird loves them raw as well.

Chuckie":v7oa8vwo said:
Those are some serious sweet taters. They keep a pretty uniform group too. I love to eat them raw and it makes me want to put one in the oven to bake right now. Some butter and it would be like desert.
Chuckie, my bird loves them raw as well.

I want to eat some bad but they need to cure so they will sit in the sun for about 5 days

skyhightree1":10vsrjh3 said:
Workinonit Farm":10vsrjh3 said:

Yes, They are going to SKY'S kitchen market lol I will keep 3/4 of them and give the rest to my employees.
:lol: glad I'm not an employee.....I'm not a fan of sweet taters but they sure do look nice. I'd say the prettiest ones I've seen

1982vett":iy5g9mlz said:
skyhightree1":iy5g9mlz said:
Workinonit Farm":iy5g9mlz said:

:lol: glad I'm not an employee.....I'm not a fan of sweet taters but they sure do look nice. I'd say the prettiest ones I've seen

:lol2: aww come on 1982 I bet if you had a nice sweet potato pie with the brown sugar crust on top and cool whip or whip cream I bet you would change your tune. Thanks 1982 I used more slips and more fertilizer than usual.

Stupid question; what do you do with them after their canned? Is it like yams then? I like them like a baked potato, don't think I have had them canned....

You can candy them; sweet potato pie, sweet potato casserole.
This is the best website that I have found for cooking, period. People try the recipes, and then people give their opinions on it. When you have 500-2000 people trying the recipe and it ranks really high, it is worth trying.
Here are some of the sweet potato recipes they show....

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/fruits-and-vegetables/vegetables/sweet-potato/

Chuckie":2q5dtr5a said:
You can candy them; sweet potato pie, sweet potato casserole.
This is the best website that I have found for cooking, period. People try the recipes, and then people give their opinions on it. When you have 500-2000 people trying the recipe and it ranks really high, it is worth trying.
Here are some of the sweet potato recipes they show....

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/fruits-and-vegetables/vegetables/sweet-potato/

Yep sky is the limits :D

Poot roots....I like them when they are prepared right. It's easy to mess up. They sure are fun to grow, especially with kids and grand kids. Good job sky. Next year tell us how many jars you still have full :D

Latest posts