Gospel Music

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm

Reaction score
In another thread I mentioned That I sang in a Quartet for a little over 5 years. We were just local country folks that started a group and sang at different churches almost every weekend. None of us had any formal training and you can tell from this track. I haven't listened to one of our CD's in a few years and put it in yesterday on my way home. I figured out how to get them on Youtube this morning and here is one of them. pay no mind to the photo I had to use something to create the video. I will go back later and put appropriate pictures. our biggest fans were old folks so I figure some of you might enjoy it. We always told people not to listen to the way we sang it but listen to the words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlfI-gqj ... e=youtu.be

Good job M5....were you the tenor or the bass??? My brother use to sing in a quartet like that. None of them could read a note of music but all had awesome voices. Piano player played strictly by ear. They were very enjoyable to listen to. I enjoy most southern gospel music and we have attended several of the Bill Gaither concerts as well as concerts held by some of the groups that perform with him....The Hopper, The Booth Brothers and The Easters.

TexasBred":1qbbi3if said:
Good job M5....were you the tenor or the bass??? My brother use to sing in a quartet like that. None of them could read a note of music but all had awesome voices. Piano player played strictly by ear. They were very enjoyable to listen to. I enjoy most southern gospel music and we have attended several of the Bill Gaither concerts as well as concerts held by some of the groups that perform with him....The Hopper, The Booth Brothers and The Easters.

I am the Bass.

Ryder":ep0pf0e7 said:
Boy you sure got a set of pipes without a doubt.
Did you do the song "This Evening Sun Is Sinking Low"?

I do not recall that one. We did a lot of hymns and a lot of the professional quartets songs. when we did the CD's we got around copyrights by not ordering more that 250 or 500 qtys. I would said that CD went "copper" we sold about a 1000 copies

I had it set private. I opened it up public now. If you have a YouTube account it would have let u watch it if you were logged in.

M5farm":2yq57mm1 said:
I had it set private. I opened it up public now. If you have a YouTube account it would have let u watch it if you were logged in.
M5 did you take lessons from ol' J.D. Sumner?? :lol2: :lol2:

I wish , I studied him a lot. He had a great voice but wasn't the greatest "singer". I had the same problem good voice but not a great singer.

Caustic Burno":1lz0skfh said:
Beautiful.

Hallelujah Amen

We are not in your league.

My favorite quartet is the Sounds of Glory.
CB you'd probably enjoy the Martin's. They have awesome harmony and sing a lot of acapella music.

Latest posts