Gopher burrow building machine

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
I am using a burrow building machine to poision pocket gophers in the pasture. It was manfactured years back by Blackwelder, which is also the name of this machine. Parts are not available any more. There is a point that pins on the front part that made the burrow. This point was the penetration point for the torpedo or what ever you called the part that made the burrow. Does any one have a source for these points. I really would appreciate some help on this if possible.

Have you checked with your local machine shop?
What does a Blackwelder Burrow building machine do?
Is it a trencher that leaves your bait in the ground?
If so maybe a Ditch Witch part could be adapted?

The machine fits the three point hitch of a tractor. In makes a burrow in the ground that the bait will fall into. It is similar to a subsoiler but does not go as deep. It will make the burrow around 6 to 7 inchs under the ground. It has part of the foot that makes the burrow, this foot is attached to a narrow shank. There is a replacable point on this foot that helps it penetrate the ground. There is a tube on the back side of the shank that the bait drops through into the burrow. There is a planter unit on top of all this that is ran by a press wheel. This planter meters the grain to the tube on the shank. That is the best I can describe it.

Latest posts