price check on fence building

Help Support CattleToday:

pdubdo

Reaction score
Doesn't have to be rock-bottom cheap, just want a fair price: Here's the quote I got:
1. labor: $1/ft of 5 strand barbed wire fence built
2. corners/braces: welded, capped unused pipe (2nds)-- 1$/ft installed in concrete.
3. I supply wire, t-posts, concrete

This is for cleared, relatively even ground w/ 7 corners over about 2600 ft.

1. labor: $1/ft of 5 strand barbed wire fence built
2. corners/braces: welded, capped unused pipe (2nds)-- 1$/ft installed in concrete.
3. I supply wire, t-posts, concrete

I am not understanding number 2 ??????????????????

#2) He's got the pipe and will sell it to me for $1/ft. 8 foot posts. He'll cap them, and weld the horizontals.

They've got a very good reputation in the community and are backed up with work till mid-October. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the feedback.

That's a he'll of a deal. You said he's setting in concrete. Often means their not planting em deep. I would request to see the holes before he sets the post. (Keep em honest). Sounds like just using a h. Pay to have diagonal s you'll be glad you did. Especially at that price.

.he's basically giving you the labor on braces to sell the pipe. I can't make sense of it.

callmefence":17aupjmo said:
That's a he'll of a deal. You said he's setting in concrete. Often means their not planting em deep. I would request to see the holes before he sets the post. (Keep em honest). Sounds like just using a h. Pay to have diagonal s you'll be glad you did. Especially at that price.

.he's basically giving you the labor on braces to sell the pipe. I can't make sense of it.

Good advice! Sounds like I need to be wary of a too-good-to-be-true kind of deal, but maybe a little extra on the tail end if it's good work.

Well at least it's not rocky for the fellow. He'd have to have a great post pounder, a " work for food" crew and stolen wire to make a simple profit for $1 ft....

That's the going rate around here in east central Texas. What you skeptics are not taking into account is the contractor is probably dealing in cash and not paying tax and has a "southern" work force.

Latest posts