google earth ?

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
How can you get clearer pics on google earth of a farm in rural area? Or what else can I use to look up rural area pics like google earth offers?

Google earth has better quality pictures of the "important" places, like those big cities and such. For those of us in flyover country and swamps, they just don't care to do better......

Is there much farming in your area? If there is, check with the FSA about where they post their yearly crop photos. These are pretty good. They are in color, I personally prefer IR. They are free though and you can georeference them if you have the capabilites.

Isnt it amazing what those satellites can pick up? I checked out our place and found out you could even see my cattle and stacked hay bales.
I think there is a site called www.zillow.com that most folks can go check out to see what value their real estate and homes are worth past, and current values. Photos are included. The people that live in residental areas have had photos taken of their homes. Check it out.

you might try terraserver

aerial photos and topographic maps for all areas. some of the photos are not too recent, but most are within a couple years old.

ROB

tncattle":m97l0ca5 said:
How can you get clearer pics on google earth of a farm in rural area? Or what else can I use to look up rural area pics like google earth offers?

You can change the resolution of your computer monitor. If using Windows XP, activate your desktop, right mouse click, select properties, then settings tab...then increase resolution. Work?

When I went to the local Conservation office with some questions they just pulled up some aerial photos of our farm and printed them off for me. The man said they had pics of the whole county and I assume it's that way statewide. Might check with your local office. They may have just what you need.

The really good pictures on Google Earth are taken from airplanes. Some areas have aerial maps and some don't. The state of Indiana paid to have aerial mapping done, so if you look at Indiana, you can see that my cows are Herefords, where if you cross the Ohio River, you are lucky to distinguish houses.

Latest posts