Good Timing for a Change

Help Support CattleToday:

Rafter S

Reaction score
I've been wanting to get some herbicide and fertilizer put out at my pasture on the highway, but it's been tough to work around the rain (not that I'm complaining). I checked Monday after work and there was water standing in low places on top of the hill. Went back Wednesday and the hillsides had mostly dried out, but there was still water standing in front of some of the terraces. Called the fertilizer place first thing Thursday morning and told them I thought it would be okay, but to be careful. They got it out that day (200lbs liquid fertilizer per acre mixed with the weed spray), and it's rained a shower every day since, with 50% predicted tomorrow.

I feel ya and alot of others do right now i reckon. Im trying to get a new house finished on a new farm and its been a struggle. Some patures look like rice fields around here. I tried to bring a truck and pup full of gravel in late march when we had a 9 day streak with no rain.....well after 9 days he still got stuck. Im trying to figure out how im gonna brush hog my pastures before it gets out of control without rutting up the place or getting stuck. But im not complaining either hopefully this helps the pastures im trying to get in shape.

CaddoFarms":1wcu4kvu said:
I feel ya and alot of others do right now i reckon. Im trying to get a new house finished on a new farm and its been a struggle. Some patures look like rice fields around here. I tried to bring a truck and pup full of gravel in late march when we had a 9 day streak with no rain.....well after 9 days he still got stuck. Im trying to figure out how im gonna brush hog my pastures before it gets out of control without rutting up the place or getting stuck. But im not complaining either hopefully this helps the pastures im trying to get in shape.

Tractor dealer in town said he is looking into hover craft with pto and 3pt hook up.
Got a big red oak down in the pasture and the only way to get to it is wade.

Caustic Burno":alcn93h8 said:
CaddoFarms":alcn93h8 said:

Tractor dealer in town said he is looking into hover craft with pto and 3pt hook up.
Got a big red oak down in the pasture and the only way to get to it is wade.

CB let me know when "skeeter season" opens. I'll get the old 16 gauge out with some #4's and come down. Guess that will be big enough shot.

It has been open, not too bad during the day you only get anemic.
After dark is when it gets dangerous spot lighted one the other night
and must have been 6 inches between the eyes.
Better bring Buckshot hate to just make one mad.

CaddoFarms":uyvmkznp said:

Might be better off to let it get out of control rather than rut up the place. Let the grass grow rank and put down some root. Even the deep rooted weeds put organic matter as deep as the roots go...........................

I think I just her skyhightree fall out of his chair......

Latest posts