Good morning

Help Support CattleToday:

wbvs58 said:
You are all not very political correct. What about pain relief both during the procedure and during recovery. I think there is stuff here called "Numnuts" and various forms of Meloxicam for after. My take on it is you have to be seen to be doing the right thing, doesn't really matter whether it actually works as long as you went through the process, probably caused more distress to the animal administering whatever as opposed to a fast efficient operator.

Ken
Who has time for some sort of pain relief? I counted it up. I went to 10 brandings here this spring. There was one with 76 calves, one with 140 calves, the rest were all 200+ calves. Calves are roped and drug to the fire. They are branded, castrated, given 2 or 3 shots, and ear tagged or dehorned if needed. 200 calves in around 3 hours. Slam bam we are done, next. Calf is back to mom well before any pain relief would take affect.

Dave said:
wbvs58 said:
You are all not very political correct. What about pain relief both during the procedure and during recovery. I think there is stuff here called "Numnuts" and various forms of Meloxicam for after. My take on it is you have to be seen to be doing the right thing, doesn't really matter whether it actually works as long as you went through the process, probably caused more distress to the animal administering whatever as opposed to a fast efficient operator.

Ken
Who has time for some sort of pain relief? I counted it up. I went to 10 brandings here this spring. There was one with 76 calves, one with 140 calves, the rest were all 200+ calves. Calves are roped and drug to the fire. They are branded, castrated, given 2 or 3 shots, and ear tagged or dehorned if needed. 200 calves in around 3 hours. Slam bam we are done, next. Calf is back to mom well before any pain relief would take affect.
Dave, I agree, but this is what is getting preached here. No doubt the drug companies are behind it as they see an opportunity for repurposing one of their products. The closer to the coast and major cities we are the more carefull we have to be as farms get invaded by the animal activists, vegans. Do you have that problem over there?

Ken

wbvs58 said:
Dave said:
wbvs58 said:

Ken
Dave, I agree, but this is what is getting preached here. No doubt the drug companies are behind it as they see an opportunity for repurposing one of their products. The closer to the coast and major cities we are the more carefull we have to be as farms get invaded by the animal activists, vegans. Do you have that problem over there?

Ken

They might have that issue on the East Coast. But here in Baker County Oregon it is cow country. I will just say that the welcome wagon would not be rolled out for animal activists or vegans. One city of about 9,000 people. The other 7,000 residents are spread over 3,000+ square miles. Cows out number people by 5 times or more.

Dave said:
wbvs58 said:
Dave said:

Ken

They might have that issue on the East Coast. But here in Baker County Oregon it is cow country. I will just say that the welcome wagon would not be rolled out for animal activists or vegans. One city of about 9,000 people. The other 7,000 residents are spread over 3,000+ square miles. Cows out number people by 5 times or more.
That's my kind of county! I went rolling past your place on Sunday, the most beautiful spot in the world is the west side of Baker City. Hopefully the numbnuts from the west side never make over to that side of the hill, every day this side keeps getting over run by libtards.

CreekAngus said:
Dave said:
wbvs58 said:

Ken

That's my kind of county! I went rolling past your place on Sunday, the most beautiful spot in the world is the west side of Baker City. Hopefully the numbnuts from the west side never make over to that side of the hill, every day this side keeps getting over run by libtards.

Yes, every time I have to go to the coast for some reason when I come down off Ladd Pass into Clover Creek and North Powder I take a deep breath. I am home and this is where I need to be.

Latest posts