Good Morning--We're from the EPA

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/28/us/ob ... ution.html
burrow rats are all the same. :mad:

"Our rivers, lakes, and drinking water can only be clean if the streams that flow into them are protected," said Margie Alt, executive director with Environment America. "That's why today's action is the biggest victory for clean water in a decade."

A coalition of industry groups, led by the American Farm Bureau Federation, has waged an aggressive campaign against the rule, calling on the E.P.A. to withdraw or revamp it.

Farmers fear that the rule could impose major new costs and burdens, by requiring them to pay fees for environmental assessments and to obtain permits just to till the soil near gullies, ditches or dry streambeds where water flows only when it rains. A permit is required for any activity, like filling in a wetland or blocking a stream, that creates a discharge into a body of water covered under the Clean Water Act or affects the health of it.

"It's going to cause a nightmare for farmers," said Don Parrish, the senior director of congressional relations for the American Farm Bureau Federation.

"Our members own the majority of the landscape that's going to be impacted by this," he said. "It's going to make their land, the most valuable thing they possess, less valuable. It could reduce the value of some farmland by as much as 40 percent. If you want to build a home, if you want to grow food, if you want a job to go with that clean water, you have to ask E.P.A. for it."

It's my land so they can screw off.

Where's Yoder the wise and his fancy words to make it all look like it's all roses?

The NPS has been slobbering over this power for a long time in my area. This could put me out of the cattle business. BNR will use the EPA to regulate cattle on the feeder streams flowing in to the BNR. My farm is in a major feeder valley.

When it was being talked about last , every thing you did from plowing to herbicide application had to have a permit from epa, and as slow as they act the project to be done would be past doing, the way it was to be enforced would be by fines , which could be $43,000 a day if my memory is correct, the law at that time would affect every landowner in towns, cities and country, because every drop of water that hit the ground would be owned by the gov. The law would even regulate cities doing fireworks. I had a copy of the proposal and it was pages long,
When I was reading the proposed law my first thought was how could it be enforced, then I thought of Obama care hiring 16000 new IRS workers to enforce that law. It is 3144 Counties in the USA if 3 enforcers were put in each county that would be less than 10000 enforcers to control all the land in the USA. I hope what he Signed was not the law I read.

sim.-ang.king":2b1ywslt said:
It's my land so they can screw off.

Where's Yoder the wise and his fancy words to make it all look like it's all roses?

A bureaucrat explaining how government/ agencies operate. How do you think that will turn out?

Red Bull Breeder":7vaq0z1f said:
Once upon a time I though laws had to be voted on by congress.

RBB:
Government agencies remind me of the Pharisees. God gave Moses 10 simply stated commandments for man to keep. Somehow the Pharisees got a hold of it and I'll be danged if they didn't commission a workforce of scribes to write a whole book on how we are all supposed to live our lives. I hate it and I ain't gonna live by it.

Red Bull Breeder":1ewrn65r said:
Government agencies for the most part are useless.

They all say that until they want their hand-out. Remember the big freak snow storm that hit South Dakota about 2 years ago. It was shameful to watch some of the ranchers on TV crying for the government to pay them for their losses. Not saying you would ever stoop that low, but these were probably the same ranchers who the day before the storm were complaining about government assistance.

inyati13":1iuvbac1 said:
Red Bull Breeder":1iuvbac1 said:
Once upon a time I though laws had to be voted on by congress.

RBB:
Government agencies remind me of the Pharisees. God gave Moses 10 simply stated commandments for man to keep. Somehow the Pharisees got a hold of it and I'll be danged if they didn't commission a workforce of scribes to write a whole book on how we are all supposed to live our lives. I hate it and I ain't gonna live by it.

We don't have to live by it. God gave us a new covenant to live by.

Inyati I once took money from a government program. After some thought I gave all off it back, and have never took a dam dime of there handouts. I feel just about the same way towards government employees as I do government agencies, with a few exceptions. The people in the branches of the military have my respect.

Red Bull Breeder":352dbg6d said:
Inyati I once took money from a government program. After some thought I gave all off it back, and have never took a dam dime of there handouts. I feel just about the same way towards government employees as I do government agencies, with a few exceptions. The people in the branches of the military have my respect.

Well, RBB. you are one hell-of-a man. ;-)

Yep, and its just going to keep getting worse. The irony is, the third of us that work, pay for a third of the population to sit and do nothing, then we also pay the salaries for the final third, so they can conjure up more ways to bend us over at every turn. :bang:

Red Bull Breeder":27qb2h71 said:
The NPS has been slobbering over this power for a long time in my area. This could put me out of the cattle business. BNR will use the EPA to regulate cattle on the feeder streams flowing in to the BNR. My farm is in a major feeder valley.

Me too. I have mine fenced out of the main creek but I have water running out of every holler around here.

Latest posts