Good moma cat

Help Support CattleToday:

jfont

Reaction score
My monther gave me a moma cat and three kittens. They live upstairs at the barn. My six year old son is in charge fo feeding them. I asked him yesterday how the cats were and he had a blank loook on his face. I asked him when he fed them last and he told me two days ago. I fussed him for forgetting and went check on the cats. To my suprise that old moma had a dead bird upstairs that the kittens had eaten. Looks like I'll have some barn cats with potential.

JT, you're on a slippery slope there my friend. My neighbor gave my wife a momma cat and 4 kittens and now we've got about 14 cats roaming my place. We've got everything fixed at this point, but they can sure multiply in a hurry. Personally, I'd rather have the extra birds around the place, but my wife has turned into the crazy cat lady. I'll admit I don't miss the snakes and mice in the barn, though.

No, not really. I usually gets cats in bulk. Between the dogs, sleeping under the truck hood or on the tire, or tom cats leaving when they get older, I never get infested. Out of these four, I'll probably end up with two decent cats by the end of the year. They'll hang out for about a year, year an a half, then I'll get a new batch.

Latest posts