Good Magazine...

Help Support CattleToday:

denvermartinfarms

Reaction score
Farm talk is good. That's about the only thing I know of that's not pretty much locally focused around here. There's also high plains journal but I don't recommend it.

Graze magazine.
http://www.grazeonline.com/

While you're reading... get these books: Allan Savory's Holistic Management and Andre Voisin's Grass Productivity - and anything by Jim Gerrish.
These will get you started well with regard to pasture/forage management.

NC Liz 2":3qif8iv7 said:
That's some expensive subscriptions. I get that Southeast Farm Press for free and it's $69/yr on your list. I've told them to quit sending it but they're very persistent and I'm still getting it. I know all I want to know about corn, cotton, and soybeans.

Check with your state's cattlemen's association and also neighboring states that are similar to you and see if they have a publication. The California Cattleman's publication is a good read but it's specific to my area.
Check with the breed associations of whatever breeds you're using. Some of them put out publications that have useful information. Of course, there is breed promotion there but sometimes there is information that helps all breeds.

he Stockman Grass Farmer is the grazing publication of North America. Since 1947 it has been devoted solely to the art and science of making a profit from grassland agriculture.

The Stockman Grass Farmer brings its readers the latest information on high profit grassland ideas from all over the world. Each month we profile leading farmers or ranchers with details as to how and why they are so successful. A major editorial emphasis is the need to structure the grassland farm or ranch so that it makes money 10 years in 10.

We cover not only commodity priced feeder cattle production but also natural grass finished and organic grassfed beef, seasonal, pasture-based dairying, grassfed lamb production, organic grassfed bison (buffalo) and pastured poultry.

https://www.stockmangrassfarmer.com/index.php

Latest posts