good friends

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
well ill say this good friends are few an far between.we have a real good baler man baling our hay.he doesnt get in a hurry as he is working.an he sure wont let hay get wet if he can help it.he called the house late 1 evening to say he stuck his truck an trailer in a low spot.so i took the tractor an pulled him out.he offered to pay me,an i declined.then last nite his altanator on the tractor quit on him.so he called an i went an got him an took him back to his truck.offered to pay i declined again.then he says im bringing my gooseneck an tractor an we are going to load an haul the hay out an stack it.

Yes, good friends are few and far between. But when you get one you need to hang on to that person and treat them just as good back. Friendship is a two way street.

I can count on one hand the good friends. Those are the ones that don't ask questions. They just say when and where

hooknline":2bf0lglg said:
I can count on one hand the good friends. Those are the ones that don't ask questions. They just say when and where
hook i can do the same.me an the old feller hit it off from the start.he just said im bringing my tractor an trailer an we are hauling the hay out an stacking it no qs asked.

horsefeed":217epu5l said:
Yes, good friends are few and far between. But when you get one you need to hang on to that person and treat them just as good back. Friendship is a two way street.

Yes friendship is a 2 way street. I have a friend who i have been friends with since I was 5-throughout the years, we have had our ups and downs but I know no matter what, if I needed help-I could call her and she would help if she could-we live states apart now but email several times a week or call. i find it hard to make friends, the few good friends I do have I have had for years

Yes GMN, that's great to hear. I have had a friend from about the age of 8 we stay in touch to through the internet. I don't have that many friends either so the ones I make I cherish with all my heart.

melking":2pel5nt4 said:
How does the old saying go? A friend will sit with you when your down. A good friend will bail you out of jail. A best friend will help you hide the body.

melking, you just about took all of the words right out of my mouth!

'A good friend will come bail you out of jail.....

But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying

WE screwed up, but we had fun!'

Let's see, where did we leave the body????

hooknline":2f8t6adn said:

Maybe I have been blessed a bit more than this. I hate that I don't get to spend more time with some of them. Seems like all of us are always too busy. Then one of them get into a crisis and everyone shows up.

backhoeboogie":3tnfwmn9 said:
Maybe I have been blessed a bit more than this. I hate that I don't get to spend more time with some of them. Seems like all of us are always too busy. Then one of them get into a crisis and everyone shows up.
Years ago as very dear friend of mine died that I had just been too busy to get over and see for about a year. This old woman was someone that had beaten cancer twice and finally died of old age, she had been the one person that when I was really bumbed out I could always drop in and see Frances and come away reinvigorated. A week later andother good friend died. That's when I made a resolution to visit the people that are important to me at least every month or 2. As we've moved further from some of them over the years I still make a point to phone or at least email them regularly

dun":1afuqwar said:
backhoeboogie":1afuqwar said:
Years ago as very dear friend of mine died that I had just been too busy to get over and see for about a year. This old woman was someone that had beaten cancer twice and finally died of old age, she had been the one person that when I was really bumbed out I could always drop in and see Frances and come away reinvigorated. A week later andother good friend died. That's when I made a resolution to visit the people that are important to me at least every month or 2. As we've moved further from some of them over the years I still make a point to phone or at least email them regularly

You got me to thinking Dun. I am off work Friday. There's an old man that needs a visit! Long as he promises not to try to give me anything while I am there -

backhoeboogie":13rvb7m5 said:
You got me to thinking Dun. I am off work Friday. There's an old man that needs a visit! Long as he promises not to try to give me anything while I am there -
Sometimes that's not possible

Latest posts