Good Books?

Help Support CattleToday:

fourwinds

Reaction score
Anyone have books on general cattle info they really like and could suggest to new folks. I don't have the bonus of being raised in a cattle family and would like to build a reference library for cattle like I have for my horses, sheep, dogs ...
Michelle

storeys guide to raising beef cattle..costs somewhere around 20 bucks....she has several more about goats, chickens, ducks,pigs, sheep, ducks, poultry, horses, llamas.

samm

fourwinds, here's 2 more to add to the list, excellent books.

The stockman's Handbook by M. E. Ensminger and Beef Cattle Science, also be M. E. Ensminger.

The Merck Veterinary Manual can also come in handy.

Katherine

For a reference library anything by M E Ensminger is very good. He is dead now but his books were published in numerous editions. A great deal of what you find in them has been used by successive scholars. You can pick up an older edition pretty reasonable on ebay or used on Amazon. Good luck.

samm said:
storeys guide to raising beef cattle..costs somewhere around 20 bucks....she has several more about goats, chickens, ducks,pigs, sheep, ducks, poultry, horses, llamas.

samm

I would check for the Storey book on ebay. Seems like there is generally at least one copy for sale way under list price.

Latest posts