Good, Bad or ugly / what breed?

Help Support CattleToday:

Coyote

Reaction score
Ralph.jpg

Thanks for all your responses.

Looks good, 'scept for the haybelly...other than that, looks good to me. Heifer or bull (can't really see from the pic)?

I'm thinking the breed's shorthorn or red angus.

Breed of bull- red angus ,red balancer, ra X simm. RA base. good bull lots of guts a good feeding type of animal.

IluvABbeef":320ceos4 said:
figgered it was a bull, just couldn't see properly.

could be a steer with no crest (hump) developed.

My good friend "Coyote" was kind enough to post this picture for me on this forum. I am "computer challenged" when it comes to posting photos and such.

Badlands, you are half right. This was taken at Midland a week ago today. My photo skills aren't much better than my computer skills! If the right rear leg had been positioned rearward it would have shown his testicles.

The breed is Shorthorn. We have 5 moderate framed, red polled Shorthorns on test and one Durham Red out of a really good light roan SH cow and sired by a RA bull "Badlands Mr Beef".(Is he yours, Badlands?) Overall, I have been pleased with their performance. We are breeding them for red, as the solids sell better here. Heterosis is making a comeback! Complete performance data is available at http://www.midlandbulltest.com The scans should be posted there soon. Thanks to all for looking!

assuming these bulls are the same i would call them all shorthorn. although he could probably pass for a red angus as well.

:oops: oops, just read the entire post. guess my guess doesnt count now that the answer is already disclosed.

Killala":3jsq4mwi said:
nice bull 'cept for the gut.
i'll say RA
The ration at the bull test they are at is 80%roughage . They have to have guts to hold enough feed to gain well.

Nope, I'm not THAT Badlands.

Nice bull. Where are you located, if I might ask?

Badlands

Shorthorn1":2gmvacws said:
My good friend "Coyote" was kind enough to post this picture for me on this forum. I am "computer challenged" when it comes to posting photos and such.

Badlands, you are half right. This was taken at Midland a week ago today. My photo skills aren't much better than my computer skills! If the right rear leg had been positioned rearward it would have shown his testicles.

The breed is Shorthorn. We have 5 moderate framed, red polled Shorthorns on test and one Durham Red out of a really good light roan SH cow and sired by a RA bull "Badlands Mr Beef".(Is he yours, Badlands?) Overall, I have been pleased with their performance. We are breeding them for red, as the solids sell better here. Heterosis is making a comeback! Complete performance data is available at http://www.midlandbulltest.com The scans should be posted there soon. Thanks to all for looking!
Shorthorn1, which bull is this? Tag no?

Latest posts