Gonna be a Canuck

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I am headed up to Waterloo, Ontario for a week. Flying out Sunday. Going up to spend some time at our Canadian factory. I am not looking forward to freezing :mad: I can't handle the cold like I used to. I am glad the hotel has heat :cowboy:

Hoss, I think your carbon footprint from the plane ride should more than use up your carbon credits for the week so I would think it only fair that you sleep with your windows up in the hotel room.

Atikokan is much colder than Waterloo. You might need to wear a long-sleeved shirt, but a t-shirt will probably do. :p

Aaron":2fen5d32 said:
Atikokan is much colder than Waterloo. You might need to wear a long-sleeved shirt, but a t-shirt will probably do. :p
Thank goodness I only went to Atikokan in May /June.......and it still froze the edge of the lake at night :lol: I was up in Pickle Lake once in late September and early October. Snowed like a banshee! The guy that flew us into our camp said that it stayed -40F there for 30 days straight the previous winter. Ain't no way I would voluntarily sit out a winter like that :shock:

Jogeephus":sd1k8op8 said:
Hoss, I think your carbon footprint from the plane ride should more than use up your carbon credits for the week so I would think it only fair that you sleep with your windows up in the hotel room.
By the time I get done cranking up the heater at the hotel to a Spinal Tap 11 I will have a carbon footprint the size of Rhode Island :mrgreen: I may just grab me a :drink: , sit in my hotel and keep an eye on CT via the :compute: .

HOSS":bf4afgev said:
Jogeephus":bf4afgev said:
By the time I get done cranking up the heater at the hotel to a Spinal Tap 11 I will have a carbon footprint the size of Rhode Island :mrgreen: I may just grab me a :drink: , sit in my hotel and keep an eye on CT via the :compute: .

Nah, head down to the bar and visit with the natives, Canadians are a riot, nicest bunch of folks. They will yak your head off, great stories. Make sure you tell them you like hockey.

Some of the guys up there have said that they want to take me out to a local pub for some Waterloo Dark. I guess it is a local brew. Heavy German area so I guess dark brews are the thing there. I'm gonna tell them I love the Maple Leafs, brats, dark beer, CFL football, the Blue Jays, walleye fishing on ice and I will hum Oh Canada...............I might be able to score a few free beers :lol:

HOSS":3cwzss4w said:
Aaron":3cwzss4w said:
Thank goodness I only went to Atikokan in May /June.......and it still froze the edge of the lake at night :lol: I was up in Pickle Lake once in late September and early October. Snowed like a banshee! The guy that flew us into our camp said that it stayed -40F there for 30 days straight the previous winter. Ain't no way I would voluntarily sit out a winter like that :shock:

I don't know why anyone would voluntarily sit in Pickle Lake, period. It is the postcard picture of 'middle-of-nowhere'. Nothing but bugs in the summer and ice in the winter.

Aaron":2xbuqrsz said:
HOSS":2xbuqrsz said:
Aaron":2xbuqrsz said:

I don't know why anyone would voluntarily sit in Pickle Lake, period. It is the postcard picture of 'middle-of-nowhere'. Nothing but bugs in the summer and ice in the winter.
Lots of drunk / stoned Indians to keep you entertained though. It was pitiful. I think I saw one sober male Indian the whole time I was there and he was a 15 year old boy that worked for the guy that flew us around. The burgers at the restaurant / hotel were really good as well.

HOSS":2vbcx9rl said:
Jogeephus":2vbcx9rl said:

Might be a good time to leave TN, supposed to get ice here tomorrow. Stay warm. ;-)

While you're up there Hoss, mention that now would be a great time for them to again come burn down our congressional buildings and the white house.

Latest posts