God Bless America

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROCKSPRINGS

Reaction score
An elderly woman was behind me getting off the escalator and a young (20-ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined.

The young protester put her hand on the old woman's shoulder as a gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice said, 'Lady, don't you care about the children of Iraq ?'

The old woman looked up at her and said, 'Honey, my father died in France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea , and a son in Vietnam .. All three died so you could have the right to stand here and bad mouth our country. If you touch me again, I'll stick this umbrella up your ass and open it!'

Good for her, these so called do gooders should be put in a rocket and sent into outspace. Charity begins at home, when the Children of our own Countries are sorted out first then I might consider them from others.
I saw a program on TV a few months ago where a Child in Iraq called an English Soldier over to help him as he looked stuck, being of the generous nature he and a backup group consisting of more British troops and an American one went to aid him, and they were fired at. It was an ambush, one Soldier dead three wounded, so no I would have no compasion for these children.

chrisy said:
Good for her, these so called do gooders should be put in a rocket and sent into outspace. Charity begins at home, when the Children of our own Countries are sorted out first then I might consider them from others.
quote]
I always thought everyone should help their own before trying to save everyone else.

tom4018":3hmz06xt said:
I always thought everyone should help their own before trying to save everyone else.
by tom4018 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:32 am
Luke 6:37
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
I see you cited your second quote Tom, I was wondering (since you're reading it anyhow), if you could tell me where in that Bible you found the first one? There's an odd contradiction.....
Also wondering who you consider to be "our own".

I don't much care if someone is collecting for some charity or impoverished kids in foreign countries. Even those in our own country that cannot afford medical care. It is their right to do so. It is my right to give or not give to those charities or individuals.
As long as it is not the government that determines how I going to contribute then I am happy.

angie":20dpior3 said:
tom4018":20dpior3 said:
by tom4018 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:32 am
Luke 6:37
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
I see you cited your second quote Tom, I was wondering (since you're reading it anyhow), if you could tell me where in that Bible you found the first one? There's an odd contradiction.....
Also wondering who you consider to be "our own".

Angie,
In the July quote I was answering someone's question as to what that verse stated.

I was not trying to apply anything biblical here in this post.

It is just my opinion that you should help people in your own community first. Just seem odd to me that someone would let people around them suffer, starve or whatever and help someone else thousands of mile away.

tom4018":h0cqp1zb said:
It is just my opinion that you should help people in your own community first. Just seem odd to me that someone would let people around them suffer, starve or whatever and help someone else thousands of mile away.
I disagree, but that is neither here nor there.

I should not have singled you out, and I apologize.

angie":32v95xjf said:
tom4018":32v95xjf said:

Thanks,
Wish I could find a quote or saying that I heard/seen years ago that talked about looking around and seeing what a person did for others around them.

There are a lot of people out that that need help, some just need to help themselves. I feel for the innocent children more than anyone as they really can't help for being in the situation they are in.
I am sure I could do better to help others and I am sure others could too.

Merry Christmas

tom4018":1s3i4jtf said:
angie":1s3i4jtf said:
tom4018":1s3i4jtf said:

Thanks,
Wish I could find a quote or saying that I heard/seen years ago that talked about looking around and seeing what a person did for others around them.

There are a lot of people out that that need help, some just need to help themselves. I feel for the innocent children more than anyone as they really can't help for being in the situation they are in.
I am sure I could do better to help others and I am sure others could too.

Merry Christmas
I am not against helping people, and putting into the donation tins, as long as it is for Children whos government wont take it first. All this aid to India and Africa, how much do you think they get from it, you donate $15, $5 of it goes into adim charges from the banks, then there is exchange rates and all the kid gets is $2 max. a friend of mine who works in the charity organisation was telling me all about it. That is one reason I will not donate abroad anymore.

chrisy":mqfup6fs said:
I would have no compasion for these children.
Wrote a big "blah blah blah", but figured it would get this post shut down, and I did get a kick out of the joke.

What happened to those soldiers is an awful and tragic thing, and that a child was used to lure them into this is impossible for us to fathom because we, as civilized nations, cherish our children. Any place where children are used as tools of war is a place where children are not cherished or protected, rather, they are exploited. This child witnessed things that have caused grown men and women permanent emotional trauma. I believe as human beings and adults we have an obligation to defend, protect and cherish the children in this world ~ no matter where they live. They are children.

Status
Not open for further replies.