GoBob Products

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Has any one used GoBob's tubs, chute, or continuous fence?

We have some old pipe pens that were on a property and were poorly designed. They cause me a lot of heartache. This is on an owned property so I would like to go with some thing stout and permanent but hate yo build from scratch with a welder.

I really like the gobob tub and adjustable alley... minus all the safety gate bs. It would work really well to rip the old junk out and weld in those components to the existing facility.

Any one used them and care to share how well they worked and the expected quality long term?

GoBob's products are heavily advertised in my area. I wouldn't be afraid to use anything they make. I haven't heard any negative comments about their products. That's as good as I can do for 'ya, Brute.

If I build another set of corrsls I'll drive 2 7/8 pipe then weld the top rail on and use something like the gobob monster panels. Several people advertise continuous fence on craigslist also. A friend ordered all his corrals gates from gobob and they looked great. Only other thing from them I've seen in person is the hay trailers and hay feeders, both were top notch.

My nephews have one of their 42' round bale trailers. It's 3 years old. They use it for custom hauling, and they are not kind to it. I can't even venture to guess how much hay it's moved, along with pipe, culverts and no telling what else. I used it to move some hay a couple of times in the last month. I can't see anything about it that doesn't work like new. It has new tires, and other than the paint worn off the rails, it looks good as new. Nothing bent, nothing broken or had to be rewelded. For the life it's had, I'm pretty impressed.

I avg about 5 min per cow yo work them. It's almost double with calves because I have to go man handle each one individually or wait until they are big enough to run down the chute... which is a little late to tag for me. I'm hoping with and adjustable chute like that I could keep them running in a straight line and take a lot of the fight out of it.

I don't mind doing a little welding to mount pannel like they pre-make but I'm not going to weld all that stuff out one by one. Life is too short for that.

X2 on the Dubose panels.

Brute you might want to check with Dubose. I have quite a few of their panels and bow gates and very pleased with them. Probably been 8-10 years ago they built a cornerless tub that looked pretty good. Not sure if they still build it but might be worth a call. They are in Lometa which is NW of Austin, so not terribly far from you. Here's a link to their website.

http://dubosepanels.com/index.html

GoBob is not to far from me . I like their product but do wish they would put pricing on their website you have to call to get a price on what ever you need.

Texas PaPaw":872aci3r said:
X2 on the Dubose panels.

Brute you might want to check with Dubose. I have quite a few of their panels and bow gates and very pleased with them. Probably been 8-10 years ago they built a cornerless tub that looked pretty good. Not sure if they still build it but might be worth a call. They are in Lometa which is NW of Austin, so not terribly far from you. Here's a link to their website.

http://dubosepanels.com/index.html

Will do. Thanks

I have their tub and their adjustable alley. I did have their continuous fence on a 12' alley-did not work for my Brahmans, the way they crowd together and wad up. I'll re-use the continuous fence for small traps, but I don't want it anywhere around my pens, which are now drill stem and sucker rod. I also like, and use their diverter gates. GoBob is good - but check their dealer(s) out before you get in bed with them...

dwrich":1jze83tn said:
I have their tub and their adjustable alley. I did have their continuous fence on a 12' alley-did not work for my Brahmans, the way they crowd together and wad up. I'll re-use the continuous fence for small traps, but I don't want it anywhere around my pens, which are now drill stem and sucker rod. I also like, and use their diverter gates. GoBob is good - but check their dealer(s) out before you get in bed with them...
was the continuous fence not heavy duty enough to hold them?

dwrich":20ulf9eg said:

What part didn't work for you with the Brahmans? The continuous fence or the tub and adjustable alley?

Thanks

The tub and the adjustable alley are fine. The continuous fence was installed on 2" posts set 5 feet apart - it was way too flimsy for a 12' alley. Would not use anywhere but on a perimeter fence.

Latest posts