Goat weeds

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":1j7uck6x said:
TexasBred":1j7uck6x said:
callmefence":1j7uck6x said:
Now you know why....
Could be that I never planted any. :shock: :shock:

I would point out the obvious. But you've proven to be to small to.admit when you're wrong. So spray your grazon all dam winter. If you can find someone to buy it for you.
Why do you always walk around with your stinger out these days?? You've alienated half the folks on the board by acting like this. It's my place and I"ll do as I dam well please. You use what you want and I'll do the same. Nothing "wrong" with that.

TexasBred":2bs4zs0s said:
callmefence":2bs4zs0s said:
TexasBred":2bs4zs0s said:
Could be that I never planted any. :shock: :shock:

I would point out the obvious. But you've proven to be to small to.admit when you're wrong. So spray your grazon all dam winter. If you can find someone to buy it for you.
Why do you always walk around with your stinger out these days?? You've alienated half the folks on the board by acting like this. It's my place and I"ll do as I dam well please. You use what you want and I'll do the same. Nothing "wrong" with that.

All I said was I agreed with birddog. And I've educated myself on the matter as required by the state and federal laws to be able to buy and use the herbicides.
If I've alienated anyone they can get over it . I give my opinion on issues I'm familiar with and stay out of issues I'm not. And I give what I receive.i also admit when I'm wrong. We can argue crap all day. Doesn't bother me. But when I give advice it's not something I'm pulling outta my azz. You show me where I've done differently and I will leave. Spraying goatweed with grazon in September is not the most economical option.

callmefence":39xx0ftd said:
TexasBred":39xx0ftd said:
callmefence":39xx0ftd said:

All I said was I agreed with birddog. And I've educated myself on the matter as required by the state and federal laws to be able to buy and use the herbicides.
If I've alienated anyone they can get over it . I give my opinion on issues I'm familiar with and stay out of issues I'm not. And I give what I receive.i also admit when I'm wrong. We can argue crap all day. Doesn't bother me. But when I give advice it's not something I'm pulling outta my azz. You show me where I've done differently and not apologized publicly and I will leave. Spraying goatweed with grazon in September is not the most economical option.

Both are over the counter here and I like the residual over winter because we have weeds that only grow in winter and it helps in spring with early weeds. To each his own. 2 trips of 24d is more expensive than 1 grazon.

M-5":2gxlhzli said:
Both are over the counter here and I like the residual over winter because we have weeds that only grow in winter and it helps in spring with early weeds. To each his own. 2 trips of 24d is more expensive than 1 grazon.
Clover is my mine concern to using Grazon. Spraying 24d has hurt my summer clover "Florida pusley" and Alyce clover. And I know what 24d or Grazon will do to my Crimson and Arrow leaf.

M-5":6tuh2y88 said:

If you have over winter weeds or you spraying Woody stuff or prickly pear.
Absolutely.
The op is targeting goatweed. Bd gave the correct advice for his question. 24d now. The better option grazon come spring. The residual effect of grazon will give no benefit on goatweed right now. And if it matters will kill winter clover and can hamper some winter annual grass germination.

callmefence":183ky6cd said:
TexasBred":183ky6cd said:
callmefence":183ky6cd said:

If I've alienated anyone they can get over it . I give my opinion on issues I'm familiar with and stay out of issues I'm not. And I give what I receive.i also admit when I'm wrong. We can argue crap all day. Doesn't bother me. But when I give advice it's not something I'm pulling outta my azz. You show me where I've done differently and I will leave. Spraying goatweed with grazon in September is not the most economical option.
Nor is it the best time.....go back and read my original comment and I said spray when it is young and tender. (spring) But it will also work in the fall. May not be the cheapest but will be just as effective. Who the he// mentioned clover??

GrazonNext will have an negative effect on some beneficial cool grass seeds that haven't come up yet as well as any you might plant in the spring (or later if you mix it strong). That is why they warn you about feeding hay from plants treated with Grazon. Make sure you understand the label.
Its a great product for my area but on most years it should only be used up until maybe Mid-June early July. After that, spraying for weeds is usually not worth it as the plants are not growing vigorously. You won't get a good kill. Wet years are different.

This year it wasn't wet until late summer. The weeds (and grasses) are now catching up in an effort to put out seeds. Cool weather expected starting in a couple weeks should start move them into dormancy. My sprayer is put up for the year. I having enough trouble getting some oats put in.

There's so few acres of cotton planted in East Texas counties, that it isn't even published in the USDA map, and not much beans either.

M-5":jx0o6ozj said:
Both are over the counter here
They are both OTC here too but have round orange colored stickers on them saying "restricted".
I thought the restrictions on 24d was a federal thing.......guess not.

bball":1hfqolc2 said:
Thank you for taking the time to get these pics and label them. This is exactly the info i was looking for.
A few questions:
How wide a swath can you cover effectively with the boomless cluster nozzle?
Do you recall what nozzles you have on the Tjet?
Thats a great idea being able to switch between the 2 setups . I have been contemplating how to rig a larger tank set up instead of the 60 gallon stock set up on 3 point. Your trailer and tank set up looks like just the ticket as im only spraying about 120 acres total myself. Being able to mix 250 gallons at a time would be much more convenient.
Someplaces call it a boomjet, some a teejet..

Over 40' wide, close to 50'.
The nozzles are the 20. I don't know what size it is but they come numbered 06, 10,20,or 40.
I maybe should have started with the 10. My rough ground doesn't allow fast enough travel speed to really take advantage of what the 20s can put out.

If you do build a trailer rig, I recommend getting a lower profile (cylinder shape) tank if you have any hilly ground at all. The tote (came with a 2" outlet valve) worked good and was less than $30, but being so small footprint and so tall, it really raised the center of gravity when filled to the 300 gal mark and tho I never had trailer & tank turn over, I sure thought it might a few times.

The top of the tote tank is getting really brittle from sitting in the sun too. It crackled a bit when I was filling it recently, just from the weight of me leaning on it. Pretty thin plastic on top.

The guy in this video, has something wrong. Low rpm on his pto pump...bad roller in his pump...clogged strainer..or sucking air, but it's 'spitting' too much and making too much mist for that kind of cluster....unless the wind is blowing when he made the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UylJfjNqZ3U

I used to have a build thread on that spray rig posted here at CT, but the photos went "poof" a few years ago when imageshack did the same thing photobucket did last year and I no longer have the photos on any disk.

TexasBred":16k7qj3h said:
callmefence":16k7qj3h said:
TexasBred":16k7qj3h said:

Nor is it the best time.....go back and read my original comment and I said spray when it is young and tender. (spring) But it will also work in the fall. May not be the cheapest but will be just as effective. Who the he// mentioned clover??

Good morning TB
I mentioned clover along with other winter annuals as a side note.
My main point apparently went over you and was in response to your comment it's never to late to use a good product.
My goal was to give what I believe to be the best answer to the ops question.

Brute 23":2teunau2 said:
That's what I need on each side. Ive been looking for a nozzle to spray up the side of the brush line on scendaros. Looks like if a person turns the 90 deg nozzle a little bit it would work.

I have a nozzle similar to the hamilton (mine is plastic from agspray ) on my 55gal boomless rig I use in my kubota . When doing fences (with grazon or 24d) . I just turn it a qtr turn and drive. covers 14' with an old filmco 1.8gpm pump.

Brute 23":30cxlht8 said:
That's what I need on each side. Ive been looking for a nozzle to spray up the side of the brush line on scendaros. Looks like if a person turns the 90 deg nozzle a little bit it would work.
It will. I had 2 Hamiltons on a 35 gal 4wheeler spray tank I had till the flood took it and smashed it all up. Had one hose that went to a valved tee, which means each nozzle could be isolated and you could either use both sides or just one side real easily. It's not a bad setup or nozzle design at all. I may still have the nozzles in my box of sprayer junk. If I do, I'll send 'em to you.
Fimco also makes a Hamilton clone nozzle, and I think other vendors do too.

Latest posts