Goat Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Paisley07

Reaction score
I'd love to see pictures of everyone's goats!
This is Belle,she has quite the interesting story...
In July/August 2005 my dad and mom(who are very involved in 4H with me) agreed that I could show a goat. I had looked into breeds,genders,etc. and decided on getting either a female Pygmy or female Nubian. Well,my mom's best friends cuts her hair and one day she went in for her appointment in September and mentioned that I was looking into getting a goat for 4H. The lady with the chair next to her overheard and mentioned she bred Pygmy goats. Since we hadn't really found too many other places near by that sold show goats, my dad and I drove to her farm to look at the female she had for sale. Belle (then unnamed) was 4 months old. She was pretty fiesty,headbutting everything with her almost nothing horns, she climbed over everything,including other goats, and ran all over the place. I couldn't resist her charm and we decided to buy her after a few weeks. She got her scabies tag and was all set to go, my dad even made a table type wooden toy for her to climb on. In a few months we noticed she had gained alot of weight, so we cut back on her feed a little bit and got her to run around more. On January 13,2006(Friday the 13th haha) I went out to feed her and my horse and noticed she was lying on her side instead of her usual jumping around on everything. I immediately ran over to her and noticed something potruding out her rear end. My mom called the vet, who had just started operation on a horse and said he would be there in 30 minutes. We board our animals at a close friends house who my mom has known since she was 12, so we got them and their sons to help Belle into the garage (it was raining and about 40 degrees,interesting weather for Florida). Their two young sons (then ages 6 and 8 ) took their wagon and put some blankets in it. They wheeled it out to Belle's pen and gently lifted her in it. At this point we determined it was hoof coming out of her and she had gone into labor! My dad came from work and him and my mom's friend's husband brought in the table my dad made for her. My mom had some old sheets she was taking to Goodwill in the back of the car so she took them and put them on thable to provide a clean surface. Belle was having contractions every once and while, but was hanging in there. The vet came out and his intern shaved her side they would have to cut open. A little anestesia(sp?) was given to Belle, and she had a C-Section right there in the garage. The baby was gigantic, almost as big as Belle herself. He was a Caramel/white/black male who I name Napoleon. We immediatel put an oxygen mask meant for foals on him when he had shallow breathing. We rubbed him with some warm towels and cleared out his throat of birth fluid. The younger boys and I worked on the baby and Belle was sewn back up. Unfortunately, Napoleon didn't make it so we burried him in his towel and made a cross for him. Belle however, recovered in our suburban house (it was funny when I took her for walks,got some strange looks). She recovered,passed the placenta and got back on a normal feeding schedule. Needless to say, I didn't get to show her that year. The vet determined however the baby (and Belle) were not Pygmies but maby Alpines or Nygerians.My mom also looked up gestation and breeding of those breeds and we found out they can get pregnant as young as two months. Well whatever she is I am glad to have Belle. Sorry for the long story,here's the pictures.There not in order by the way.
June 15,2006
6blf80p.jpg

June 20,2006
4ku7nnn.jpg

4ttkbrs.jpg

April 22,2006
63uxy6t.jpg

6f5jrkk.jpg

September 24,2006
4u9jm1i.jpg

4un0415.jpg

^In the corner lol
63iold4.jpg

December 10,2006
65zq92f.jpg

4xwwzy8.jpg

5xe9y1g.jpg

4z4ipe1.jpg

November 27,2005
The Menagerie
Junior the Quarter Horse,Belle the "Goat" and Robbie the Steer
5ylcunq.jpg

4u9n19h.jpg

6evaiyb.jpg

4t89ff9.jpg

I'd love to hear your stories and see pictures of your goats!

i dont have any goats. :(

yours does look like an alpine though..

what happens if that horse steps on your feet?

CB216 did you even read the post or just look at the pics??????? :roll:

However it is good news that a goat just doesn't do it for you ;-) .

cowboyup216":pn6z52yl said:
Man oh man if I was about 10-15 years younger this girl would be on my top priority A+ list. Not the goat but the girl ;-)
I don't know if I should be flattered or if my goat should be offended.

Paisley07":2rdrv7s6 said:
cowboyup216":2rdrv7s6 said:
Man oh man if I was about 10-15 years younger this girl would be on my top priority A+ list. Not the goat but the girl ;-)
I don't know if I should be flattered or if my goat should be offended.

Good response, Paisley! I think you're gonna fit in nicely around here. ;-)

Beefy":zk5ohe9d said:
what happens if that horse steps on your feet?

:lol2: Beefy, I can always count on you to crack me up! :lol2:

cowboyup216":j8fbos4q said:
No one wants to say anything to you, but I sure will.....Its A shame young females can't post on this board without A perverted predator making some sick comments about them. Every one knows who you are TTCLM. Stupidity is hard to hide, and this is not the first time you have did this. GO AWAY

Latest posts