glyphosate

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
The European countries ban more things than we do.

Unfortunately, our universities have allowed industry money into research. Some funded research was helpful, when the funders (big corporations) didn't influence the research. Now, the corporate money directs the research, which undermines the integrity of our scientists. It has gotten much worse over the last several decades.

Always look at who is sponsoring the research before you accept the results. For example, the news is currently circulating an article about how water is not the best drink for rehydrating. This is utterly false. Water has always been, and will always be, better than any type of sugary drink, at hydrating a person after normal workouts. There are decades of sound research proving this. Other fluids have their place, but only in extreme situations. Who funded this research? Soft drink companies (who also own Gatorade). The experiment itself was poorly done, biased, and was obviously cultivated to achieve the desired result. Does anyone think it's a good idea for Americans to be encouraged to drink sugary drinks instead of water? With our obesity and diabetes levels? Money talks.

I don't need to mention Purdue and oxycontin, do I. They funded research to say what they wanted, and lied about teh results when it didn't.

In contrast, many European countries (including the UK) have not allowed as much control and big money into their research. They have banned artificial food dyes, Round-up, some artificial flavors, and that slimy, bad smelling, plastic used on many toys made in China. We have all those items sold freely here and corporate research tells us it's safe. Yeah, right. To be on the safe side, I would avoid anything that other Western countries, like the UK, have banned, plus, what we have banned.

Little Cow said:

Unfortunately, our universities have allowed industry money into research. Some funded research was helpful, when the funders (big corporations) didn't influence the research. Now, the corporate money directs the research, which undermines the integrity of our scientists. It has gotten much worse over the last several decades.

Always look at who is sponsoring the research before you accept the results. For example, the news is currently circulating an article about how water is not the best drink for rehydrating. This is utterly false. Water has always been, and will always be, better than any type of sugary drink, at hydrating a person after normal workouts. There are decades of sound research proving this. Other fluids have their place, but only in extreme situations. Who funded this research? Soft drink companies (who also own Gatorade). The experiment itself was poorly done, biased, and was obviously cultivated to achieve the desired result. Does anyone think it's a good idea for Americans to be encouraged to drink sugary drinks instead of water? With our obesity and diabetes levels? Money talks.

I don't need to mention Purdue and oxycontin, do I. They funded research to say what they wanted, and lied about teh results when it didn't.

In contrast, many European countries (including the UK) have not allowed as much control and big money into their research. They have banned artificial food dyes, Round-up, some artificial flavors, and that slimy, bad smelling, plastic used on many toys made in China. We have all those items sold freely here and corporate research tells us it's safe. Yeah, right. To be on the safe side, I would avoid anything that other Western countries, like the UK, have banned, plus, what we have banned.

Why do you live somewhere you seem to loathe?

Caustic Burno said:
Little Cow said:

Why do you live somewhere you seem to loathe?

Yes, obviously I loathe the country that I served during war (sarcasm).

US consumers need to be more savvy than our European counterparts. Don't let anyone spoon feed you.

Glyphosate has never been found to be carcinogenic by any examiners including European examiners. What happened here is some slick talking lawyers convinced an uneducated jury that probably didn't even study biology or chemistry in high school that glyphosate causes non-hodgkins lymphoma and anybody that has ever even looked a bottle of 0.001% roundup in Walmart deserves to be paid $289 million dollars.

Wow, CB. That is just about the most offensive thing anyone has ever written about me on a message board. You have no idea what you're saying.

I will turn the other cheek.

Little Cow said:
Wow, CB. That is just about the most offensive thing anyone has ever written about me on a message board. You have no idea what you're saying.

I will turn the other cheek.

Don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house. Just because you serve doesn't make you a good person . Many a person served in the military to avoid prison at the direction of a judge.

Only a deep love of one's country, and a determination that it can, and should, correct corruption, is the best manifestation of patriotism, imho.

Questioning another's patriotism is a cheap shot taken right out of Trump's playbook. It means you really have nothing valuable to add to the conversation.

Little Cow said:
Only a deep love of one's country, and a determination that it can, and should, correct corruption, is the best manifestation of patriotism, imho.

Questioning another's patriotism is a cheap shot taken right out of Trump's playbook. It means you really have nothing valuable to add to the conversation.

Antifa uniform in the closet?

Antifa was formed due to the fact they disagree with the current [P word here] of both the nation and the nation's military activity.

Sound familiar?
I distinctly remember someone here claiming they didn't serve because they didn't believe in the politics of that day too.

and, there's this:
https://www.creators.com/read/diane-dimond/11/17/the-myth-of-veterans-and-crime

And as of Nov 2018, only 3 of the 10 deadliest mass shootings in this country were perpetrated by veterans. The remaining 7 shooters had no military ties whatsoever.

Trying to claim otherwise is simply perpetuating a myth and false narrative, the same type false narrative antifa pursues.

greybeard said:
Antifa was formed due to the fact they disagree with the current [P word here] of both the nation and the nation's military activity.

Sound familiar?
I distinctly remember someone here claiming they didn't serve because they didn't believe in the politics of that day too.

No I wasn't a fool and volunteer to be the worlds police force or sentenced by a judge. The only reason my draft was deferred was I was making jet fuel for Johnson's bullet sponges.
Had I been drafted like both my older brothers I would have went as they did.
Dad and every one of my uncles that fought WWII after Korea were adamantly opposed to police actions and nation building.
The stupidity continues today 18 years after 9/11. We have an entire generation that wasn't even alive when the attack occurred. We are still spending Americans blood and billions on nation building. Trump is the first president in my life that doesn't want to play policemen with American youth. The Swamp has fought him on every turn.
You fight a war to win Patton style kill everything from a Shanghai rooster to a Durham cow and come home.

Caustic Burno said:
greybeard said:

Sound familiar?

No I wasn't a fool and volunteer to be the worlds police force or sentenced by a judge. The only reason my draft was deferred was I was making jet fuel for Johnson's bullet sponges.
Dad and every one of my uncles that fought WWII after Korea were adamantly opposed to police actions and nation building.
The stupidity continues today 18 years after 9/11. We have an entire generation that wasn't even alive when the attack occurred. We are still spending Americans blood and billions on nation building. Trump is the first president in my life that doesn't want to play policemen with American youth. The Swamp has fought him on every turn.
You fight a war to win Patton style kill everything from a Shanghai rooster to a Durham cow and come home.
Pretty much the same rationalization Jane Fonda used and stated.

And politics brought into a thread? Tsk tsk.
Oh, the irony and hypocrisy... :roll:
Someone should notify Mod2, but it won't be me.

Caustic Burno said:
greybeard said:

Sound familiar?

That red cap can be adjusted. You might need to loosen it. It is cutting the circulation off from your brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.