Glue for Repairing Doll

Help Support CattleToday:

rla442

Reaction score
Well I've had good luck with this forum on answering just about every other non-cattle topic so I came here for help on this one...gluing a neck on a doll baby.

My soon to be 3 year old daughter has a cheap plastic or vinyl doll baby (is suspect it vinyl) that she has carried around for a year or better now and goes nowhere without it or to bed without it. She calls it simply "Tiny Baby". Well Tiny Baby has a broken neck now where its separated in the 90 degree edge where the neck joins the body. The neck is almost entirely separated from the body and playing Doc McStuffins, I've tried super glue, epoxy, and various other plastic glues, nothing has been able to hold up to keeping Tiny Baby's neck together. The head is movable but I can remove it for gluing but I'm limited to what I can do so that the head will still spin around.
Anyone have a recommendation to what I can use to glue a vinyl doll baby that will hold up? The material is glossy and nothing seems to stick to it even when roughed up with sand paper.

See if you can convince your three year old to adopt another Tiny Baby. Surely you are smarter than the three year old. Get with it a three year old will forget about Tiny Baby if it disappears during the night. Have a new pretty small baby doll to take the place.

I don't know, reasoning with a 3 year old is like trying to reason with a goat.
I can't promise it'll work, but I've had really good luck with Goop brand glues. I try to always have a tube in the house, I have 5 and 7 year old boys that are breaking toys constantly.

Gorilla glue , dampen both surfaces with water and stick them together. There is a new glue on the market that is selling at dollar general that have a built in UV light to cure the glue. supposed to be real good. its in the as seen on tv section. I have not tried it. I use gorilla for everything that does not require epoxy glue.

hurleyjd":2ra9gxc7 said:
See if you can convince your three year old to adopt another Tiny Baby. Surely you are smarter than the three year old. Get with it a three year old will forget about Tiny Baby if it disappears during the night. Have a new pretty small baby doll to take the place.

Dang Hurley, did you ever have kids? :lol:

M-5":2ra9gxc7 said:
Gorilla glue , dampen both surfaces with water and stick them together. There is a new glue on the market that is selling at dollar general that have a built in UV light to cure the glue. supposed to be real good. its in the as seen on tv section. I have not tried it. I use gorilla for everything that does not require epoxy glue.

Exactly what my first thought was. Besides wood glue Gorilla is the only used around here.

slick4591":25r45okb said:
hurleyjd":25r45okb said:

Dang Hurley, did you ever have kids? :lol:

M-5":25r45okb said:

Exactly what my first thought was. Besides wood glue Gorilla is the only used around here.

Yes I raised two well rounded and sensible kids. The son had a sincere attachment to the pacifier. One day when in his car seat the one that hooked over the seat and had a steering wheel he spit the pacifier out into the floor I pulled over and retrieved it and handed it to him. He popped it into his mouth and I started driving and said to him looks like you need to decide to get rid of the pacifier. Also this was a time frame when the car we owned had no air conditioner. Right window done he took the pacifier out and threw it out and never cried or asked for one again. I tried to teach each one to not get addicted and attached to any inanimate object.
Everyone has their own way of raising kids and what worked for me will not work for you. By the way gorilla glue will not work. Get a soldering iron and melt the plastic to attach the head. Or let her run around with a headless doll until she gets tired of it.

M.Magis":2914ywwe said:
Why would you insult a goat like that.

Mine was four and she kept her "bankie" until it fell to pieces. That's the only way she accepted its loss. She's 40 now and still has problems seeing things my way. :lol:

Windshield urethane sticks like nothing else... it's a little messy if you aren't careful with it though.. and being black it might be a challenge on the doll.. it's really flexible which helps.

I see some of you know exactly what I'm dealing with. We've tried the switching it out with a new doll but that doesn't work, that's why I'm here looking for glue. BTW gorilla glue was the first option and it will not stick to the material. I'll try the windshield glue that just might do it.

dun":12i4aumw said:
M.Magis":12i4aumw said:
Why would you insult a goat like that.
I don't know, I have a couple 3 goats that keep the multiflore rose in check in the pasture and for the longest time she didn't know that all goats weren't "dam goats". Every goat she seen in a book or elsewhere was a "dam goat". We went to the fair and every goat there she called a "dam goat". Goats have a way of just making my day!

M-5's idea sounds really good. I had to mail my daughter's American Girl doll back years ago to get the head worked on. They sent her back dressed like she had really been in the hospital. I would definitely go with sending her to the hospital. Just make it a quick trip!

M.Magis":2ntjb9sg said:
I can't promise it'll work, but I've had really good luck with Goop brand glues. I try to always have a tube in the house, I have 5 and 7 year old boys that are breaking toys constantly.

Never had goats but I will have a three year old in a couple of months. Getting him to do anything is about as easy as driving a hog that had gotten out. You might try the JB weld that is for plastic.

If your husband or you have an electric soldering iron stick the head where you want it and melt and blend the plastic together this has worked pretty well for me on spray tanks, water tanks and atv bodies.

Latest posts