Gloves

Help Support CattleToday:

I don;t know the thickness. I have transparent blue gloves that are thicker then the pink transparent ones. Our vet hates the blue ones becuase he says they aren;t as sensitive as the pink ones. For AI I've never noticed the blue ones being a problem, but for preg checking the pink ones may be better.

Never have seen yellow, just pink, blue and clear. The clear ones are about like using a feed sack.

I had a package once that didn;t have a hand shape. Just straight with a sealed square end, sucked bad.

The reddish Breeder Sleeves are pretty good. I use those a lot. The pink Continentals are ok. The clear continentals are terrible. The blue Continentals are sensitive, but i had a hard time getting them unstuck to get my arm in...maybe they are better now. The pink IMV gloves are unbeatable...awesome for AI and ET work. Bovine-Elite is the only place I've found that has them, The Equisleeves are really good, too.

I like 1.0-.8 mm, but ultimately I think the material they are made out of affects feel and sensitivity a lot more than the thickness.

The guy who AI's for me is old school and doesn't wear gloves. Just cut the sleeves off your shirt, man up, and go for it. That stuff will wash off with a little soap and water.

I use Krutex Supersensitive gloves they are orange in colour and 25Um thickness. Whatever glove you use put a thick elastic band around the top of your arm to help keep the tips of your fingers in the tips of the gloves, if the glove slides down and the ends of the fingers fold over you lose a lot of sensitivity.
Ken

You can also use whatever glove you want but rip the fingers off and put a thin latex medical exam glove over it. That's not what I do, I use the thin red gloves but I've done that in the past when palpating ovaries etc. That's also how most vets do it here.

ricebeltrancher":3buv73q2 said:
but i had a hard time getting them unstuck to get my arm in...
pinch the top part of the glove and rub your fingers together until the sides separate and then peel them apart and blow it up like a balloon. If you try to stick your hand in there before you get the sides apart it will rip after the first cow or two. ;-)

Trust me, I had to rub the heck out of those things to get them unstuck!! Lol. Could have just been that one box. They were a lot better than the clear ones I bought the other day, that's for sure, even with the sticking issue.

After I get them inflated I sprkinle a little talcum in them so my sweaty arm doesn;t stick and not go all the way in.

dun":1tlgbfek said:
I had a package once that didn;t have a hand shape. Just straight with a sealed square end, sucked bad.
Sounds like they sent you a box of condoms. :lol: :lol:

Dave":sg7v9ima said:
The guy who AI's for me is old school and doesn't wear gloves. Just cut the sleeves off your shirt, man up, and go for it. That stuff will wash off with a little soap and water.
I had to do that a couple of times. Amazing to me what the thin glove can do for you. Without the glove all I could feel was slick shyt. I had no touch whatsoever. Might have just been because I was use to having hte glove but I hated it. Not the manure...just the inability to feel anything.

Latest posts