Gloves

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Today with the temp in the mid forties and by the time I got through with the feeding my fingrs hurt like I cannot remember. Any one tell me the brand of gloves you think are the best.

Today with the temp in the mid forties and by the time I got through with the feeding my fingrs hurt like I cannot remember. Any one tell me the brand of gloves you think are the best.
Mid forties? Any leather gloves should work. Mid twenties, you might want to think about some insulated leather gloves.

Brown Jersey or canvas inside just plain old yellow cotton gloves on the outside. When it gets really cold out ( 10 and below) I wear leather fleece lined mittens on top of my gloves while running my cabless tractors.
Just have to wait a couple weeks to get adjusted to the temp change. I'm wearing the same amount of winter close now (it's 23 this morning) as I did the first two mornings that it was 40 this fall.

I have an awful time keeping my hands warm. Mine get cold and hurt like that too no matter what kind of gloves I have on after a while. I will say that the insulated water resistant Carhartts work the longest for me but even after a couple hours if it's very cold I'm in pain.

I use ironclad ranchworx most of the time because they don't hinder me much as far as fine motor skills but they are not a warm glove. For general tasks that I need a warm glove I use ironclad cold condition.

Honestly all I run is brown jersey gloves. I buy a 12 pack a year keep them in the truck. Put a pair on and a pair in your pocket that way I have a spare when they get wet and there cheap so if you loose them or rip them your not loosing much

Know what it's like to have fingers so cold they ache from driving open tractors in cold weather. Hurt so bad you want to cry.
Watching the thread for a cure.
Outside fingers seem to have it worst.

I bought a pair of carhartts insulated gloves at TSC today. $25 a pair marked down to $17. Will check them out tomorrow.

The blue knit Hardy gloves from Harbor Freight are my go-tos for cold weather. They aren't the warmest, but offer more dexterity than others. I have short and wide hands/fingers, these are stretchy enough to fit decent when most others won't. They're real cheap too.

It's hard to find a compromise, gloves that you can actually do something with aren't that warm, ones that are might as well be mittens.

Frost breakers are another one that I've had recommended to me, but I haven't tried them personally.

I have been using these for a few years. I like them for most things, if I am pretty active my hands stay warm in them. sitting around in the cold they are not enough.

Latest posts