Glass Guard

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
Hey I need some help. Does anyone know what the proper name for the steel configureation that truckers put on the front of their truck beds to keep the load from shifting into the cab. I want one on a smaller scale for my Dodge pickup. I was at Tractor Supply today and picked up some mineral buckets [24% protein] for the cows. They loaded my truck and put a block of salt on top of one of the mineral tubs. I had to stop fast and the tubs slid into the front of my truck bed and the block of salt went thru the rear window. I've seen them around but dont know the proper name for them or where to buy one. Thanks
~Tom.

Headache rack
Darn near killed my daughter 20 years ago because I did not have one. A sledge hammer came through the back window and inserted it's self between my 3 month daughter and myself. Didn't mind losing that radio at all.

I don't know if its the proper name but thats what we always called them. Headache racks @

Thanks guys, I knew I could count on you. I have to do something as I am getting careless these days. Two rear windows at $900. each. I figure the guard is a good investment and wish I had it before today as I would not need another new rear window in my Dodge. I hope the insurance company understands and does not cancel us.
Again Thank you
~Tom.

I've never bought one, but I saw some on the Ranch Hand website that looked pretty good. I've got a few of the brush guards and am well pleased with them. The last pickup that I owned with a bed on it came with a homemade one from the previous owner. It was made of 3" angle iron and expanded metal, you could smack it with a locust block from 25' and not hurt it. After about 10 years bouncing thru my fields, it ripped the top of my bedsides off - oops.

Around here I see alot of them that are made by a company called Back Rack. I want to make one as I smashed a window out last summer.

Mat Man":ajsm3myy said:
Most of the time you can buy a sliding rear window a whole lot cheaper than a factory glass.
My rear window is a slider and only Dodge has them. There are after market but they look aftermarket and don't fit properly. Maybe it is just another Alabama thing.
~Tom

My Dodge goes for a new rear window on friday, I also ordered online a new Headache Rack from Backrack. I never had a problem with rear window breakage until I retired and pulled the tool box off my pickup. I'm going to put it back on. Just one more chore, seems like the work is never done. MUD RAIN ect.
~Tom.

Latest posts