Glacial retreat

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
I think it's on! It's going to be above freezing during the day for awhile, lots of dripping icicles and puddles forming. We only have 30 inches of snow to go!

We're in the process of breaking 35 year old records for cold on this date, it ain;t retreating near fast enough to suit me!

I was going to turn out on grass this weekend before the freeze period set the grass back by about 10 days.

We got about a foot of heavy, wet snow here last night. I don't know yet if the nieces will be hunting Easter eggs in snow or mud this Sunday!

Isomade":24c93cko said:
I was going to turn out on grass this weekend before the freeze period set the grass back by about 10 days.
Im still on stockpiled grass for a few more days but usually turn out in the spring by April 5th and no later than April 10th. Think I might have to feed hay a couple weeks before I turn out this year.

dun":1praoq0u said:
We're in the process of breaking 35 year old records for cold on this date, it ain;t retreating near fast enough to suit me!

You get rid of your annual protest to winter yet?

MistyMorning":2r761e51 said:
dun":2r761e51 said:

Yeah, a month too early. Wacked it off the beginning of March.

dun":37jww7xr said:
MistyMorning":37jww7xr said:
dun":37jww7xr said:

Yeah, a month too early. Wacked it off the beginning of March.

Are you the cause of this cold snap then Dun? :D

I welcomed the frozen ground this morning so I could get across the muddy field to feed. Dang mud.

J&D Cattle":jdm8nh3p said:

I welcomed the frozen ground this morning so I could get across the muddy field to feed. Dang mud.
I think we're just victims like everyone else. I'm sure it the MN folkes fault. They wanted it warm so they shipped their cold down to us. They were showing freeze warnings down into FL this morning.

MistyMorning":24jclxgi said:
I think it's on! It's going to be above freezing during the day for awhile, lots of dripping icicles and puddles forming. We only have 30 inches of snow to go!

Don't start shedding the winter fur too early. never know what be coming around the corner. :hide:

TexasBred":nqp4gpwv said:
MistyMorning":nqp4gpwv said:

Don't start shedding the winter fur too early. never know what be coming around the corner. :hide:
Too late for me, already made that mistake this year.

dun":1838xdvj said:
J&D Cattle":1838xdvj said:

I think we're just victims like everyone else. I'm sure it the MN folkes fault. They wanted it warm so they shipped their cold down to us. They were showing freeze warnings down into FL this morning.

Ya, it certainly has been miserable here the last few days. Especially for the end of March in MO. I don't think I could take a real winter in the North.

TexasBred":1s6rg93u said:
MistyMorning":1s6rg93u said:

Well March did come in like a lamb............ : :cry2:

papavillars":vq9jyw0q said:
Yep Greybeard, my garden also. I hung enough old sheets over plants that my garden looks like a gypsy camp.

I know what that looks like, every September it looks like a pack of hobo's moved in here.