Gibbs Broad Range

Help Support CattleToday:

scvfd_7241

Reaction score
I have a couple sim angus heifers I'm ai'ing soon. I have been looking at broad range to use on them and will have a couple cows i will use him on. I will also be using TJ main event on my other cows, i have 2 of his calves this year and was pleased. Any feedback or calf pictures from broad range.

I have a couple sim angus heifers I'm ai'ing soon. I have been looking at broad range to use on them and will have a couple cows i will use him on. I will also be using TJ main event on my other cows, i have 2 of his calves this year and was pleased. Any feedback or calf pictures from broad range.
I have nothing to offer, but I'd be curious to see those Main Event calves if you have pictures? I had a neighbor use him on his fall cows this past year, but those calves won't hit until September. I am anxious to see them.

I saw Broad Range sell a couple of years ago at Gibbs. He generated a lot of attention. I believe he is the highest seller that Gibbs has ever produced.
Here are some pics from the FB group "AI Sires". Reported to be low birth weight calves. I am sure that Bradley Gibbs would be glad to discuss the bull with you.

Big Timber daughters with Broad Range calves.
BT with BR.jpg

A 4 week old Broad Range calf from Altenburgs.
BR alt.jpg

I haven't used Broad Range but there are lots of people here with info on Simmental bulls.

Probably would help a lot if we knew what your goals are for the calves.

Once I see some daughters he will be the next bull added to the tank. His looks/outcross pedigree/EPD profile are exactly what I have been looking for.

I have nothing to offer, but I'd be curious to see those Main Event calves if you have pictures? I had a neighbor use him on his fall cows this past year, but those calves won't hit until September. I am anxious to see them.
These are my 2 main event calves.

Attachments

• 20201207_102553.jpg
    20201207_102553.jpg
    1,012.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201212_074151.jpg
    20201212_074151.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 52228.jpeg
    52228.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 9
  • 52140.jpeg
    52140.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 52142.jpeg
    52142.jpeg
    940.1 KB · Views: 7
Curious - did you pick him for looks, numbers, combo of both? Reputation? Price?
Just wondering what emphasis decides choices.
I was looking at broad range, as one of recommendations from a select sire rep. I narrowed my choice down to him based on his looks and epd's. And I am just trying to learn more about him and selecting a bull myself.

I haven't used Broad Range but there are lots of people here with info on Simmental bulls.

Probably would help a lot if we knew what your goals are for the calves.
I don't guess I have a single goal, I have a small herd of cattle and just want to get the best calf possible. I know it's kind of a unicorn but, I guess if it's a heifer I would like to be able to use her as a replacement, and if it's a bull maybe be able to sell as a herd bull, but if not at least have a good carcass steer that will grow.

Latest posts