Get Out and Vote!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
I know we have the best Politicians that money can buy, but please remember to get out and Vote today. I've noticed the largest consensus of "Whiners" are the one's who lay sorry on Election Day.

I will do my duty today. Regardless of whether my side wins or loses today, I will be able to say I tried.

By voting today, I will have the right to bitchh about the politics until I get to vote again.

Nowland Farms":1gfwogen said:
I will do my duty today. Regardless of whether my side wins or loses today, I will be able to say I tried.

By voting today, I will have the right to bitchh about the politics until I get to vote again.

I'm there!

Alice

Voted last week. That means I get to complain when things don't go my way, right? ;-)

voted.jpg

When I voted, the elderly people there were having a really hard time with the new machines. And, I will say, these machines were not particularly user friendly, especially for the elderly. One bump on the wheel changed the vote...and one poor elderly lady was very shaky. Yes, there was someone there to help, but the instructions she gave were rapid fire, and of course voter privacy meant she couldn't stand behind the woman and guide her thru it. When she left she was really worried if she had cast the vote she intended. I felt so sorry for her.

Another elderly person was too embarrassed to admit he was having problems. He and I walked out together. He also expressed concern that he'd voted the way he intended. He was pretty unhappy about it.

Alice

Alice":32euj1kd said:
When I voted, the elderly people there were having a really hard time with the new machines. And, I will say, these machines were not particularly user friendly, especially for the elderly. One bump on the wheel changed the vote...and one poor elderly lady was very shaky. Yes, there was someone there to help, but the instructions she gave were rapid fire, and of course voter privacy meant she couldn't stand behind the woman and guide her thru it. When she left she was really worried if she had cast the vote she intended. I felt so sorry for her.

Another elderly person was too embarrassed to admit he was having problems. He and I walked out together. He also expressed concern that he'd voted the way he intended. He was pretty unhappy about it.

Alice

Our fancy voting machines are really easy to operate. Darken the box you want to vote for. Good thing they still count them if you don;t stay inside the lines, never was any good at coloring.

dun

Crowderfarms":2o9dch15 said:
I know we have the best Politicians that money can buy, but please remember to get out and Vote today. I've noticed the largest consensus of "Whiners" are the one's who lay sorry on Election Day.

I voted absentee two weeks ago.
Whatever the outcome, a US election always seems like a bit of a miracle to me. There are so few places on this old planet where people vote and live with the outcome.

You had better get out and cancel my votes if you don't like them! I know who I want elected in every category. There are a couple of votes that are simply a wash (doesn't matter which gets in) but there are some really important ones too.

I'm sad to say that I have not voted FOR a canidate in years. It seems like I'm always voting for what I think is the lesser of two (or more) evils.Z

MillIronQH":2xy0r7sy said:
I'm sad to say that I have not voted FOR a canidate in years. It seems like I'm always voting for what I think is the lesser of two (or more) evils.Z

Same here---BUT I try!! Yes, I voted...on a paper ballot with a pencil!! at least they can recount it......I have renewed my gripeing rights!!

Our county has the new touch screen machines. Quite simple, even my dear old Pa didn't get spooked by it and he can barely operate a cell phone.

I just wish they printed out a receipt so a person had some physical proof of how it recorded your vote.

MillIronQH":1aswpg2u said:

My dad always said he hoped he'ld live long enough to vote for someone instead of against someone. He's been dead 30 years and was in his mid 60's when he died.
Looks like not much has changed

dun

What I would like to see is one more box on the ballot.

One that says NONE OF THE ABOVE

I wonder if that would straighten a few politicians out?Z

Just one little comment from a canuck on the outside looking in......your politicians 'down there' sure seem to like mud-slinging. Not just criticisms either....real skeletons-in-the-closet, bad to the bone, make the other guy look like he'd pick the Pope's pocket for a penny kinda stuff.

I saw some of the commercials while watching football and such this weekend, and I couldn't believe how they bash one another. It's never about, "I have a plan to do this.....blah, blah, blah." It's all about running down the opponent.

Personally, I think they all ought to be ashamed, corny as it may sound. Think about teenagers or young children watching that stuff. What kind of message does it portray to them? The people leading the nation slandering one another? Our politicians do it too, but they don't seem to do it as publicly as yours do. Just my thoughts.

Latest posts